*** UPDATED TO PHPBB3 ***

we're listening.
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: *** UPDATED TO PHPBB3 ***

Post by -ix »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:Good Job on the update guys! It took a little getting used to the colour change but after a few days I decided I like it.

Two things I wanted to ask ask/mention.

1. I see the embedded soundcloud players but no music plays at all. Is this just a problem for me or are there others with this issue?

2. I noticed that all the avatars are restricted to a max of 85-ish pixels wide, including the off site avatars. My avatar is hosted off site and when I created it I made sure it was exactly the right size for the width of the user info bar on the left side of the screen. 130-150 pixels or something like that. Would it be possible to increase the avatar to fill the horizontal width of that space? Its not really a big deal or anything but the smaller avatars strike my eye as somewhat awkward use of space. Perhaps (130-140) width x (110-120) height would create a little more balance visually. That is the width I roughly estimate the user info column is.
1. That's weird I don't have that problem. Maybe Themis is right?
2. I've edited the avatar size to 130x110, would you check this for me?

thanks for your input!
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

Themis wrote:sheppard try another browser.

on a side note, i think you should do something about the registration process, lots of spam bots on the forums right now.
We know and this will change soon, meanwhile we try to delete the spam manually asap,
though we have only a few active moderators at the moment!
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

I noticed the spambots do not only start topics (which are easy to discover) but also post in other topics.
These are hard to discover for us. Please report them by clicking on the exclamation mark!
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Whatever the problem was with the soundcloud embeds was I think it was just a problem on that particular computer. I found out it worked on my laptops. Just upgraded the funky one to win 7 pro and firefox 5 and she is working it just fine. So no worries.

I will know momentarily once I post this if the avatar has change... will edit with feedback...

EDIT...

hmmm, no change. The avatar size must be hardcoded into the html part of the board's template. I looked at the page source and found that image does not seem to have any classes or id's associated with it. There is a table a few levels above it with the class of "profile" but in the css page there are no declarations for image sizes for "profile."

If you right click on my avatar it says -> 150px × 112px (scaled to 85px × 63px)

It is probably in the actual html file of the template. Actually, I am sure it is because there are actual width and height declarations in the page source. Strange they didn't make use of the feature that allows admins to set size restrictions. Something weird about that though. If it was hardcoded into the page then all images would be conformed to the same size... peculiar. Maybe the edit you made didn't take hold for some odd reason.

No matter really, its hardly a show stopper.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Update: I was checking my PMs and I checked out my profile page due to some impulse and noticed that my avatar page identifies the size of my avatar. I guess the avatars are resized based upon user specifications listed on that page. The current limits are set to 130 pixels, height: 110 pixels, 9.77 KiB. In my estimates 150x 120 would be the optimal dimensions based on the rendering of the phpbb template on my screen.

FYI. Anyone who had avatars larger than 80x80 from before the upgrad but still within the permissible sizes probably will have to manually resize them in their profile/avatar menu.
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

Hmm strange i'll check this again.
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

Weird, max size is still 130x110?
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

opps, sorry it took me so long to respond to your question. Its been hectic the last two months. It kind of slipped by me. I am not sure if the problem still exists. I think that night or the night after I had some time to kill so I made a new avatar in Flash for fun. It is 80 x 80 I think so I can't tell the difference anymore.