mods abusing their powers

we're listening.
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

mods abusing their powers

Post by chrisdisco »

i posted some comments disagreeing with the decision for a vinyl only sticky on the DJ sets forum. as soon as there was a voice that disagreed with john clees, he simply deleted all the comments. this is total bullshit. the point of a forum should be open communication, not simply agreeing with the view of the moderator.

for all this constant bullshit talk about sharing ideas and music, as soon as there is someone who disagrees with john clees, he simply uses his mod powers to shut it down, just like i am sure he'll lock and delete this thread very soon.

there was a point in time when mnml.nl used to have some really interesting discussions, exchanging of ideas and music. that is gone. this is a big reason why.

mnml ssgs will no longer be posting mixes here at all. i refuse to participate in this. for all of our mixes, please check the RA forums.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

I'm with chris on this one.. i dont like this kind of moderating at all. Whats wrong with a discussion?
So if you cant defend yourself you just delete others post? way to go...
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Yep. Although I don't agree with Chris on the issue itself (it's John's right to come up with new categories which he sees fit to be part of the board) I don't think deleting posts or parts of a discussion is a good way to end a debate. It smells a bit like censorship and that's only good for a few things, but certainly not for an open board that lives of the different viewpoints and backgrounds of the international members.

I hope Chris will reconsider and John will continue to do a good job nonetheless. It must be possible to have an open debate without having to resort to 'desperate measures', right? :)
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

wow, some things have happened here...

anyway, deleting posts is not cool...
but leaving this forum for this issue is also not cool... ;)
codix
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by codix »

maybe there should have been a "public poll" before creating new sections.

john is right, with doing new things to the forum, which he thinks are good.
but what works for musical releases, must not work for dj sets and stuff.

and yeah i am also for an open community, the deletion of comments is not the things we need.

maybe the op´s and admins may find a way to communicate and share new things that they plan and ask before they come. a poll is never useless.

if i remember right, there was a poll before the digital releases, vinyl releases kinda split was done.

mnml.nl is a great community. and it should stay so!
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

what was the problem, you wanted a digital only sticky also?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Themis wrote:what was the problem, you wanted a digital only sticky also?
Some people thought it was a bit stupid to have a 'vinyl only' sticky thread, as good music/sets are good music/sets, and doesn't really need to be categorized into what medium it was played from.
Anyway, John thinks differently and therefore deleted all posts that didn't agree with him.
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

I can understand why chris might be upset for john deleting his commentary but the ssgs not posting their mixes here themselves is not a problem for this forum. I'm sure someone else will do it for them.
deleting posts that don't agree with your views is not very wise either but I can understand john's frustration over the critisism since some of it might have seemed a bit hostile and maybe he just went a bit overboard with the delete button.

overreacting. happens to the best of us.