mods abusing their powers

we're listening.
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

juhokusti wrote:I can understand why chris might be upset for john deleting his commentary but the ssgs not posting their mixes here themselves is not a problem for this forum. I'm sure someone else will do it for them.
deleting posts that don't agree with your views is not very wise either but I can understand john's frustration over the critisism since some of it might have seemed a bit hostile and maybe he just went a bit overboard with the delete button.

overreacting. happens to the best of us.
i dont think this is simply one case of over-reaction, but the worst example of a more general trend.

you are right, chances are people may still post ssg mixes, but i refuse to participate in this board as long as these kind of moderating practices are happening.

debate, discussion, and yes, disagreement, are important ways to learn and think differently about things. on ssgs we've had many people disagree with us, even write abusive comments, but we leave them on there because we strongly believe in free speech.

and this is supposed to be a forum so that implies equality of voice, equality of opinion, but that is exactly what is being undercut by this kind of moderating.

also, can someone just clarify - john seemed to imply (at least as i understood) in one of his posts that he actually owns mnml.nl, or at least runs it. is this correct? even if it is, i am not sure if this totally justifies him trying to control and limit the discussion in the way he has.

so perhaps i am over-reacting, but i think this is a very, very important issue. and as long as this situation prevails, i will not participate.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

chrisdisco wrote:
juhokusti wrote:I can understand why chris might be upset for john deleting his commentary but the ssgs not posting their mixes here themselves is not a problem for this forum. I'm sure someone else will do it for them.
deleting posts that don't agree with your views is not very wise either but I can understand john's frustration over the critisism since some of it might have seemed a bit hostile and maybe he just went a bit overboard with the delete button.

overreacting. happens to the best of us.
i dont think this is simply one case of over-reaction, but the worst example of a more general trend.

you are right, chances are people may still post ssg mixes, but i refuse to participate in this board as long as these kind of moderating practices are happening.

debate, discussion, and yes, disagreement, are important ways to learn and think differently about things. on ssgs we've had many people disagree with us, even write abusive comments, but we leave them on there because we strongly believe in free speech.

and this is supposed to be a forum so that implies equality of voice, equality of opinion, but that is exactly what is being undercut by this kind of moderating.

also, can someone just clarify - john seemed to imply (at least as i understood) in one of his posts that he actually owns mnml.nl, or at least runs it. is this correct? even if it is, i am not sure if this totally justifies him trying to control and limit the discussion in the way he has.

so perhaps i am over-reacting, but i think this is a very, very important issue. and as long as this situation prevails, i will not participate.
Yes, I always thought he owned it.

I understand your arguments and stuff, but I think you're taking it too serious. There were clearly no bad intentions involved from John's side...
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Kiani wrote:There were clearly no bad intentions involved from John's side...
And there were clearly no bad intentions from the people who argued in the thread.

Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

patrick bateman wrote:
And there were clearly no bad intentions from the people who argued in the thread.

true

I also find the deleting part not right.

I can just imagine John sitting behind his pc, putting alot of effort into this forum and reading that people went a little berserk on a (stupid) decision he made...

I mean, I've been on this forum for a while and I don't have any real complaints. You should check livesets, that's how it shouldn't be :)

So all my respect for Chris and John, but I think both overreacted in their own way
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

Kiani wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:

true

I also find the deleting part not right.

I can just imagine John sitting behind his pc, putting alot of effort into this forum and reading that people went a little berserk on a (stupid) decision he made...

I mean, I've been on this forum for a while and I don't have any real complaints. You should check livesets, that's how it shouldn't be :)

So all my respect for Chris and John, but I think both overreacted in their own way
yes, i may be over-reacting somewhat. but this is not the first time i've seen this kind of behaviour from john, only the clearest and most blatant example. and for me free speech is a very important issue. if we just accept this behaviour, then it will just continue and the value of this forum will continue to disappear.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

hey love, I just moved it into the trashbin....

I didn't want it to become a cluster fck of toxic energy..

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=58437
Last edited by John Clees on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

you seem to feed off of it... this isn't burger king : it's not your way chris..
No it's your way. You're such a funny character John. I get this massive hippy vibe from you, but you also seem really controlling and rude.

This is a public forum; people should be able to say what they want (no spam though please) without having to worry about their posts being deleted.
Last edited by ::BLM:: on Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

Guys, a forum without discussion is not a forum.
And with all the visitors here it is simple a utopia to have all he same
ideas and visions about things.

Deleting posts or topics has always been a hot issue.
In the past we (moderators, administrator and I) decided to delete
as less as possible and because of that a mnml moderator can not delete posts.
But sometimes we have, to keep the board free from spam, rant and other inappropriate posts.

Being a moderator or administrator isn't the easiest job.
You have to keep the board clean and help members with questions
and you have to keep the vibe online. You can have your
own opinion, but you can not always express it as much as you would
like too, because you are part of mnml.nl and your own opinion is not.
This is sometimes very hard, as members don't have this restriction.

John is the most dedicated admin/mod/member a board like this can ever imagine.
The guy is always online and active, whether you like it or not.
Sometimes he might be a bit hard to follow, but none of his posts have any bad intentions.
No one is perfect and his actions can not be appreciated by all of you and will lead to a discussion sometimes which is good.
In this discussion I think John made a little mistake by 'cleaning up' his thread.
But, still, nothing has been deleted by John, just taken out of sight.
This is a difficult subject for mods and admins and will be discussed in
private to prevent and learn.

I will put back the board info & feedback section as I think this discussion belongs here.