vinly only mixes topic discussion

we're listening.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

you're telling me a compressed mp3 of vinyl only tracks sounds better than a compressed mp3 of some combination of formats? unless you're on some 14,000$ speakers and a big ass set of tube amps, i'd say you're losing it.

whatever happened to "its just a good set" being the criteria for a sticky?

next you're going to want people to post their wav files because the mp3 is inferior sounding, but a far more corpulent a vessel to deal with.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

cloutier wrote:you're telling me a compressed mp3 of vinyl only tracks sounds better than a compressed mp3 of some combination of formats? unless you're on some 14,000$ speakers and a big azz set of tube amps, i'd say you're losing it.

exactly.

this is seriously bullshit.

i think i am pretty much done with this forum for the time being. i really don't see the point. for all new ssg mixes (including the latest one, which is vinyl only) check the RA forum.

chris
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

chrisdisco wrote:
cloutier wrote:you're telling me a compressed mp3 of vinyl only tracks sounds better than a compressed mp3 of some combination of formats? unless you're on some 14,000$ speakers and a big azz set of tube amps, i'd say you're losing it.

exactly.

this is seriously bullshit.

i think i am pretty much done with this forum for the time being. i really don't see the point. for all new ssg mixes (including the latest one, which is vinyl only) check the RA forum.

chris
i think john just made this cos there were some pro-vinyl comments made in some recent vinyl-only sets.

I agree with the fact that it's not necessary to do this, but as a way to push vinyl forward, it's always nice to have some kind of promotion plus John's only trying to keep this forum going, it's done with good intentions, so I don't get the big deal...
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

i get the point john's trying to make with the thread, but it seems silly.

its troubling that today's marketing of what is deemed more impressive as far as djing is that people make sure to point out its a vinyl only mix, as opposed to just listening to it and liking it or not.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

aut.t.n wrote:I say, why not? Point is, there actually _is_ a fetish around vinyl, threads like this do not create it, they only respect the point that there is an interest in such things. Where's the CD fetish, where's the MP3 fetish? I do not see there are "CD lovers" or "MP3 lovers" out there in the same sense as there are "Vinyl lovers". Vinyl (DJing) is (living) history, so why not give it some specific attention?
thank you...
cloutier wrote:i get the point john's trying to make with the thread, but it seems silly.

its troubling that today's marketing of what is deemed more impressive as far as djing is that people make sure to point out its a vinyl only mix, as opposed to just listening to it and liking it or not.
who doesn't do this? Im just curious. please feel free to give names..

this is an outlet for vinyl only mixes. the end. I'm not asking for anyone's view points. it's about the music. that's just my point...

consider it more art than anything....
chrisdisco wrote: this is seriously bullshit.
you ARE ridiculous ..:!: :!: :!:

respecting art is "serious bullshit" that right thurrrr is one of the funnest things I've read on internet this year... congrats !!!

god you guys take yourself WAY too serious.

Last edited by John Clees on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
slickrick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by slickrick »

you guys are hilarious... :lol:
Elektric Salsa
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

love it! keep fighting for nothing:)))
its all about the rhythm
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

chrisdisco wrote: i think i am pretty much done with this forum for the time being. i really don't see the point. for all new ssg mixes (including the latest one, which is vinyl only) check the RA forum.

chris
i'm done with RA so probably wont listen to many new ssg mixes.