vinly only mixes topic discussion

we're listening.
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

vinly only mixes topic discussion

Post by chrisdisco »

i really strongly disagree with this concept of having a 'vinyl only' thread. i've heard great DJs on vinyl, CDJ and digital. i've heard horrible DJs on all formats too. it is the artist, not the format. if vinyl mixes are great, let them speak for themselves, rather than trying to fetish-ize them like this.

i dont think it should be your role as moderator to have such an active role in your sounds and opinions on the forum. it is not appropriate. *just a further comment - my point is that there is nothing wrong with having this as an opinion, but just have it as a normal thread, it certainly doesn't deserve the status of an announcement or sticky, simply because you are a mod.[/code]
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

chrisdisco wrote:i really strongly disagree with this concept of having a 'vinyl only' thread. i've heard great DJs on vinyl, CDJ and digital.
I think everyone has. I agree. that's not even remotely the point. that's how you interpreted my excitement for vinyl only mixes? I'm not saying all vinyl mixes are better by any means. I said their is a difference in the frequencies : which their obviously is. how did you come to that bias conclusion? that's completely ridiculous. I agree with what your saying about artist that use both, but again it's just an outlet for those mixes that it applies to.

I'm an admin not a moderator : their is a difference. I've made many changes before to this forum (which I run). some people had issues initially, however in the end it was a huge benefit that also gave more exposure in the long run ::: and ::: works out to an advantage for many artist(s). no one is forcing you to promote your website and your mixes here. furthermore how would this site not have my views or opinions. that's very normal and in the past I've posted links to forums which operate is such fashion. that's as ignorant as me telling you, that your website shouldn't have your view, topics, or opinions... that's fantastic :!:

try to lighten up. I'm just having fun, trying to build different markets for different niches, promote artists, and build yet another channel for traffic for our viewers.
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

first of all, i was not aware mnml.nl was yours. if so, that is not very clear. nonetheless, by making it a forum - as opposed to a blog or a standard website - it implies a different mode of communication. this board appears to be setup in quite an open manner, but then you try to shape it and push it in certain directions, which i dont think you need to do. but as you said, if it is yours, i guess it is your prerogative to do that.

and talking about vinyl mixes having different frequencies as the reason to focus on them and bring attention to them seems like an odd reason, because most of the recordings as not done at a high enough sample rate for this kind of stuff to make a difference.

anyway, i guess you are right, your board, do what the fck you want with it.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

it's very similar to making a vinyl only section for our releases... at first people didn't follow it with open arms. some resisted it... however now it makes perfect sense... some of the warmest sets I've heard this year were vinyl only recorded at 128 kps which had warmer frequencies that those digitally recorded at 320...

it's nothing more than a little space in the entire world where we can collect vinyl only sets. something to preserve a space for vinyl lovers and give added exposure for those that do...

:)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

can we get a 'cd only set' sticky also?
pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

i don't see the point in 'whatever only' topics, too. good music is good music.
i'd rather keep to the sticky concept than change to such accumulating topics. you get a better overview of what's going on with the old system.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

pre-amp tango wrote:good music is good music.
that's what I think!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

I say, why not? Point is, there actually _is_ a fetish around vinyl, threads like this do not create it, they only respect the point that there is an interest in such things. Where's the CD fetish, where's the MP3 fetish? I do not see there are "CD lovers" or "MP3 lovers" out there in the same sense as there are "Vinyl lovers". Vinyl (DJing) is (living) history, so why not give it some specific attention?