Language filter?

we're listening.
mayzee
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Language filter?

Post by mayzee »

I don't know how easy this is to do....

but would it be possible for a user option in your profile to be created to filter rude words slightly so that people like me reading from behind a work firewall can still see all the posts...

something like filter bad language yes/no, like the always enable smilies option

sometimes (not often on here I must admit) a post gets blocked due to bad language, but I know if the vowels are removed from the words it gets through the firewall, and the post still remains readable...

just a thought... :)

M
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

your firewall cencors rude words?

that´s f*cked up :D
techno made me do it
mayzee
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mayzee »

indeed... (and thanks :D )

its cos I do defence related work, so we have an uber fat and highly restrictive firewall... can't use any webmail through it, thankfully psp type boards like this work otherwise I'd got mental :)
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

I really have no idea about this.
I know I can change some things by hand,
but all words?
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

I think it is possible. I used to post a lot on www.blackoutaudio.co.uk, and they had some kind of filter there, so it would change any swear words for something stupid e.g. f.uck became floppybunnyears or something like that. Didn´t stop people from swearing (f.uck, shiit etc). There´s always a way to get around the censorship!
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

check google for 'proxyfier', means that you surf "through" another site

works everytime a site is blocked here at work
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

-ix wrote:I really have no idea about this.
I know I can change some things by hand,
but all words?
in vBulletin 3.0.0 Admin Control Panel it exists..
vBulletin Options > Censorship Otions >
Censorship Enabled
You may have certain words censored on your forum. Words you choose to censor will be replaced by the character you specify below. All message titles and messages will be affected.
Yes No
Character to Replace Censored Words
This character (or characters) will be used to replace censored words. For example, if you have censored the word 'dog' and you set the censor character here to an asterisk (*) then any occurrences of 'dog' in messages will appear as '***'.

Censored Words
Type all words you want censored in the field below. Do not use commas to separate words, just use spaces. For example, type "dog cat boy", rather than "dog, cat, boy."

If you type "dog", all words containing the string "dog" would be censored (dogma, for instance, would appear as "***ma"). To censor more accurately, you can require that censors occur only for exact words. You can do this by placing a censor word in curly braces, as in {dog}. Signifying "dog" in the curly braces would mean that dogma would appear as dogma, but dog would appear as "***". Thus your censor list may appear as: cat {dog} {barn} barn

edit: looool @ asterisk :lol: :lol:
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

mayzee wrote: can't use any webmail through it,
my webmailprovider is blocked too. so i use mail2web.com
to catch my webmail from my blocked provider...
techno made me do it