Do you miss something on this board?

we're listening.
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: ^^^

Post by ganik »

suppoz wrote:you could make a calendar section that lists upcoming shows by calendar date. check out this message board to see how they do it (I think with the same phpBB setup, but what do I know).

http://nwtekno.org

ta,
--s-tephen
nope, thats not phpBB, that is vBulletin.....so we cant use that on this board...

we will try to find smth smilarly....

thx for info !

Njoy
multum in parvo
AbstraKt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by AbstraKt »

A sticky for all tracks produced by members on the production page less clutter. Although you might not have enough to do so.
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
- Plato -

"Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things. "
-Denis Diderot-
ilovedarkchocolate
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ilovedarkchocolate »

Someone already mentioned this: I'm missing a calendar with all upcoming mnml events. At the moment, I try to check Partyflock regularly, but that is far from ideal!

I can't find if this idea was already looked into... If it was looked into, but the idea was discarded, why was it? (Just curious)
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

We sure need a calendar and we will get one, but we're not sure yet what type. I mean I like the partyflock agenda more then the one from livesets or beatfreax. Or is everybody satisfied when the topics are only in order by date?

Input appreciated! 8)
ilovedarkchocolate
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

-ix wrote:Or is everybody satisfied when the topics are only in order by date?
I'm not sure I know what you mean?
-ix wrote:we're not sure yet what type. I mean I like the partyflock agenda more then the one from livesets or beatfreax.
I think the Partyflock calendar is great, but there's just too much other types of music/parties there that don't interest me at all...

The Partyflock calendar does not list artists (although you cán make a list of favourites), but has the added bonus of seeing how many members are going, and you can see which members those are exactly.

You know, the best calendar I've encountered yet is the DnB calendar that Future Research has. It lists date, name of the party, artists (!) and venue. Plus it contains the URL to the venue and/or the party if available.

Of course, as far as I know, Future Research only lists Dutch venues and parties. The problem for this forum would be how to maintain a clear overview when it concerns so many different countries.

Oh! As I wasn't familiar with the Beatfreaks calendar (it is called "events" there), I just went to have a look. This looks much better than the Partyflock one, as you can apply some interesting filters, like Country and Artist! Aside from not being able to see which artists are attending at first glance, I guess this one is pretty practical for most purposes.
ilovedarkchocolate
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

plaster wrote:this just an sudgestion...but maybe an happier layout colour.
I'm with plaster... I can see the point of those who say it's mnml, but it drives me up the wall too! It's a very manly, "bachelor-pad" colour scheme ;)

Btw, Plaster? I really like your avatar. From what I can make out at this scale, it looks very pretty.