headphone happiness - mathias lexicon

- music
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

headphone happiness - mathias lexicon

Post by mlexicon »

http://www.blackboxmusic.net/headphonehappiness.mp3

i havent made anything new as i am in hibernation, but i wanted to share this one....i made ths one in late 2003...it was the first song i ever made...or actually felt like i completed....theres some issues with it mastering wise, but at the time everything was so fresh and exciting and this sounded great to me, it has a vibe that still gets me

ray
Absorb
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Absorb »

I like it... Nice kick/bass. Sounds great in my headphones 8)
i dont have any tip how you should continue, sorry...
But i think that it sounds "complete".
Well, i shall try it out on loudspeakers tomorrow.
(actually, at first, i didn´t like the snare, but after some listenings, it fits quite good)
omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by omnipresence »

I started making a comment which comes down to personal preference for certain aspects of production, but then realised it wasn't really very helpful and was difficult to explain anyway, haha. there doesn't seem to be much bad about this track, but it didn't grab me either. that also prob has to do with my own tastes. doesn't look like you're planning to work on this anymore? but thanks for the listen anyway!
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

yeah...thanks..i just threww this up for my own personal reflection and to share with anyone that has heard my more recent stuff
Voight
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Voight »

this song perfectly fit up to the bad weather outside, it matchs my morninig mood...chilling... :D

it nice to hear older works, then hear new stuff and see progress... :)
czan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by czan »

in my view the bass/kick is too heavy and maybe the pad element a little bit to loud but on the whole is this a nice track. i like dubby sounds like this, just hang on it! :)