attract mode - supa duty tuff stuff

- music
ethereal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

attract mode - supa duty tuff stuff

Post by ethereal »

Hi, just looking for a bit of feedback (on any of my tracks tbh) from people into techno, most of my mates are into different music (-) Cheers

ethereal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: attract mode - supa duty tuff stuff

Post by ethereal »

Almost a weeks gone by and no comments... come on, be brutal, help me improve :!:
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

hm i would definitly work on the kick, dont know whats wrong with it but its too overpresent in the track, i would suggest something more subtle.

the rest sounds definitly nice, like it. only the kick seems a bit out of place. but it could be your monitoring test the track on other speakers maybe. on my two KRK the kick sounds horrible.
no offense:)

other than that really nice dub track like it
kivetros
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kivetros »

Just left you a bunch of feedback on SoundCloud... hope it's helpful!

I really like the track, and with a bit of tweaking, it could be something great, I think.

-K
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

Well if you want honesty, I'll say I do like the track though think it needs something to make it stand out from the crowd.
The kick's fine in my opinion, listening on my headphones.
The chords are cool, but sound a little to thin and generic. Fatten them up a touch. The bass also needs a little more movement.
Hope this isn't too harsh on you. I am commenting because it's a good track.
ethereal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ethereal »

Hey fellas thanks for all the feedback! None of it is harsh at all so no need to apologise for being honest thats exactly what i wanted.

As for the kick... yeah its definitely something i need to look at as its been mentioned before. I think i trying for something clicky and bassy but because of that it kinda has no 'mids' so it sounds very toppy and 'sticks out' a bit. I have turned it down a bit since i did that first mixdown thats on soundcloud and its helped a lot i think but ill try and make the top end of it sound smoother.

The chords are a little thin, yeah, i scooped a bunch out of them because the bass was so prominent and theyre not really gelling the way id like them too but i was having difficulty getting everything to sit right. I will take another shot at that also!

Thanks a lot for taking the time out to listen guys, glad that (apart from the issues mentioned) you all seem to like the track! Ill try and follow you all on soundcloud too.

I know its being greedy BUT... if you get a chance i have another 2 tracks on soundcloud that im also dying for some feedback on :oops:
kivetros
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kivetros »

Glad to be of help! I'll have a listen to your other stuff if I can.

-K
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I don't normally comment on members tracks but since you really want some input here it is.

I don't know if you have terrible monitors or what but there seems to be a total absence of any lower frequencies. Absolutely no bass or any kick. Its like it was fed through a mixer with the bass isolated and removed. The melodyish main noise is way too repetitive and dull. I say bin it and go back to the drawing board. If you are going to center a track around a particular sound then make it a good sound.

You need to work on two things, sound design and evolution of the composition.

That being said, I have heard worse released commercially but that means nothing.