Possible Windmill - 2 Step Techno

- music
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Possible Windmill - 2 Step Techno

Post by eggnchips »

Drums from MD with additional production within Ableton http://soundcloud.com/eggnchips/possible-windmill

Comments?
ethereal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Possible Windmill - 2 Step Techno

Post by ethereal »

Really like the track. Interesting stuff. My only tiny criticisms would be that its possibly slighty too sparse, youre obviously going for stripped back but i think i would like to hear that droney pad come in a little earlier as its very 'drummy' for quite a while at the beginning. The other thing is, because the track is so 'steppy' i feel like its lacking something as far as the drums pulling me along. Id like to hear ride or something like that constantly throughout the track. Other than that i really like the sounds and the atmosphere, good stuff.
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

Thanks for the criticism. I am always open and don't get offended.
Yes I think it's also too sparse:
You know when you finish a piece and you think it's ace, and you can't change it anymore anyway because the brain is tired of the same track so you call it finished, upload it then listen a few days later only to think, 'Why didn't I add this or this or this?'.

I think that's where the winners shine through in this game; the ones who persist and persist on one piece without giving up. I try but end up getting bored so call it a day and start something else.
Last edited by eggnchips on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ethereal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ethereal »

eggnchips wrote:You know when you finish a piece and you think it's ace, and you can't change it anymore anyway because the brain is tired of the same track so you call it finished, upload it then listen a few days later only to think, 'Why didn't I add this or this or this?'.
Haha yeah i know exactly what you mean, happens every song i write :lol: Ive only had my soundcloud account for like a week and ive already taken a track down.
shellbound
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by shellbound »

i agree with ethereal. and if you were going to keep it that sparse, then i think you can allow yourself to drench things in reverb more. it feels kind of dry. also, that very first hat that comes in sounds pretty harsh to me. i would notch around 1-2K to cut out some of that metallic harshness. or at the very least simply turn it down a bit. the snare that comes around 2:33 and then continues throughout the track is too loud and kind of takes away from the hypnotic feeling creatd by kick and bass. also, around 3:36, when you bring it that second kick, it just sounds off. i'm not sure what you were trying to do there. you bring it back around 3:50 again and it works much better there. but, still, i would personally just take it out completely.

it's a promising track, but it still needs some work.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

I listened to it and love it. Nice work eggnchips!

Also i disagree with saying its too sparse... its great as is. Sure things "could" be different but leave that for a different song.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i love this kind of music. love the sparseness!