Maiyal- Down South

- music
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Maiyal- Down South

Post by Maiyal »

Been a bit quiet on the production front for me for the past few months. Hope you enjoy!
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Maiyal- Down South

Post by Maiyal »

bump
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

I like it a lot...maybe the drums are a bit to loud compared to the theme. It's a pretty sad tune I'd say...nice nice...
:::::::::boom tchak boom boom tchak:::::::::::

http://soundcloud.com/richard-hautin
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Thanks. :D
The mixing might be totally messed up, because I have to use headphones for doing it. Trying to save up for some sort of speakers, but it's hard as a student. :?
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Thanks Michael, good to hear you like it. This seems to be a bit of a continuous problem for my tracks, I always end up having the snare and/or hihats too loud. Definitely has to do with using headphones for mixing. Will keep in mind for my next track for sure. :D
lcaise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcaise »

nice tune, not my style but proper produced tune
facebook.com/lcaise.official
facebook.com/tanztonerecords
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

I like the tune. I think the snare is a bit too loud.

You know what would be interesting, if you changed the arrangement of the track?

What I mean is I really like how you deconstruct the track at the end. Maybe you can do alternative version and start the track off with less elements and build it up gradually. You know what I mean? Basically reverse the arrangement :D

Now this is just an opinion and it is your artistic freedom to do whatever you want so I hope you don't get it the wrong way. It might be fun to have an alternative version too you know?
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Thanks Icaise and New Guy!

I see what you are saying. That sounds like it could work quite nicely as I find this (deconstructing the track down at the end) happens a lot. Maybe it's because I'm out of ideas or something, I don't know really. Maybe I just get lazy and want the track to end. I'll try this approach with my next track, as I always have difficulty opening/editing finished tracks. Slow computer, too much going on in the track etc.

Really helpful, will keep you guys posted on the results.