Jonas Edenbrandt - Back Home

- music
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Jonas Edenbrandt - Back Home

Post by New Guy »

There many ways of grouping tracks. You can group them by sound type i.e. drums in one group, percs in another group, synths in another group, vocals in another group.

You could also groups by frequency. Low frequency sounds in one group, put a subtle saturation to give it a common color and slight harmonics or perhaps even a compressor to balance the dynamic range of the tracks.

Then you can create a separate group for tracks which have a lot mid frequency, i.e. synths, pianos, other lead sounds. Then do the same and apply saturation and compression.

And lastly you can create a high frequency group track where you put all the sounds which have a lot of high frequency energy, say hihats and so on , and put saturation and compression on it too. Basically with this method you split your track into different frequency bands and can balance the track very well this way. You know what I mean? It's kind of like multiband compression on a master track but with more control.

I like your tracks, the moods and the themes are great, the mixdown in my opinion is not that important if the track is great. So you have the upper hand. You can always hire an engineer to mixdown your tracks if you think about releasing a track you know.
BasicGuy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by BasicGuy »

Nice tune mate :) Really liked the idea. ;)
JonasEdenbrandt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JonasEdenbrandt »

I just tried on two of my latest tracks to group after frequency, and the thing that struck me most was how easy it was to start hear problems in the mix after lowering them all and bringing them in one after the other. Thanks alot for this tip, I'm going to try this method alot more on my mixes. Any one have any other good ways to try just listening to your mix to hear problems?