what can i use to download music ?

- music
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

people always moan about producers wanting money to survive. I never got that at all. If I lived from music then I would have loads more time to make music meaning more music for the fans. I'm sure the quality would be better too as more time could be spent making mu. its seems that music. just about any other industry in the world people have no problems paying for stuff so why is it different for music?
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

muftufu wrote:if a producer is WORKING HARD at a track i think it means he has lack of vision and should stop trying so hard because he's not made for this, i guess
Hard working doesnt mean not having any output at all but trying to do things the best and putting passion in the music making process. You just dont sit in front of your computer/machines snap your fingers and create some beats and expect them to sound good. Well if u listen to Beatport top 10 then i understand you, maybe this is the music you like :)

And of course there are some people how are more talented than others but im tired of reading in interviews from several producers how many tracks they make that sound like crap until they arrive to the final sound they where seeking.

And not everybody is just making music with ableton and a laptop. Just because is easy to make a track with doesnt mean its good.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

And of course there are some people how are more talented than others but im tired of reading in interviews from several producers how many tracks they make that sound like crap until they arrive to the final sound they where seeking.
Its true though.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

Speaking in Code is a good example.

I bought the DVD cause i thought i want to support these people in what they are doing.

i hope they made some money with it.

streaming for one week here, in case you missed it.

http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/episode/2527- ... in-code/1/
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

^^ same as me.

muftufu how do you know producers are making lots of cash?
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

That’s different though. Not every producer is a dj or even wants to dj. Also the ones making money from djing are in the minority. There are many more producers out there who are not living off music, working a 40hr week and just trying to find a way to make it from music. If people were not stealing from these producers they could then focus on their dreams. Pretty much any other industry you can follow your dreams without worrying that some fucker is going to steal from you, so why can’t it be the same.

I'm not even sure how you acquired such a bad taste for producers. If you were making music would you be happy with everyone stealing your music?Are you one of these people that think if you release music you get gigs, because its not like that at all.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

I say it again - music should be free now. I am vinyl junkie still but i believe computer files should be free and used as a promotional tool as they are to a certain extent now. I am not sure that many people agree with me though!
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

they are nearly free

you pay 1 or 2 euro on beatport, they also have costs like the servers and the traffic

so if the artist gets 30 cent from that euro thats much

30 cents or nothing.. hmmm not much difference to me.