dirtybird tracks....

- music
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

i would play craziate and infectoian..id say do a little more with the others.
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

Grind -

on first impressions it seems a touch sparce. for instance it took too long without and variance or movement for the bassline to drop. I like the bassline though, nice and deep sitting well under the kick. Not a big fan of the saw wave lead coming in after that though.

Craziate -

not digging the bassline, it sounds quite trance preset sounding to me. I like the glitchy percussion in this one though, if you can make more of an attempt to make this random, and not loop based it would be much more effective. I know this is a hard thing to do, believe me.

Clutter -

is there delay on the kick? there sounds like theres something trailing after the kick... sound sstrange. nice reverb on the hats, i like that sound, i'd like to see it changed up a bit thoguh, maybe try playing with the wet/dry every 16 bars or so. a pad would go nice over this in parts, one that floated with the dueling lead bleeps. This is my fave so far...
ends abruptly thogu - needs a more defined outro/ending.

Infectorian -

Nice wave editing on the rev section leading into the kick drop - that was smooth, the c64 squelches seem out of place though. i don't know how to further explain that - but they seem forced? i don't know - the sounds good, but not arranged like that. I quite like the lead/bassline though.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
dirtybird
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dirtybird »

thanks for the feedback. i will work with your comments. none of the songs are done though, so that is why one or more tracks may cut off suddenly, i was just playing it in reason and recording it.....

:wink: