LetsGoOutside - stpo trying to be important

- music
LetsGoOutside
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

LetsGoOutside - stpo trying to be important

Post by LetsGoOutside »

http://www.letsgooutside.org/mp3/let%27 ... ortant.mp3

this one's a little tough to classify. won't rest well on everyone's ears, but i think if anyone's going to appreciate it, it will be the folks on here.
Last edited by LetsGoOutside on Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BobStock
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BobStock »

sorry but the link isnt working well :wink:
roebin de freitas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by roebin de freitas »

I think this is a great track!
I'd love to hear this at a higher bpm and more fierce... more an aphex twin type of thing but i'd buy this already ;)
maybe add some hats after a while and make the track 1 or 2 minutes longer.
with what has this been made? the very short delays and pitch shifts on the percussion and the voice processing is great.

love it. 8)
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

Minimiser wrote:sorry but the link isnt working well :wink:
Copy the link in your player. The link doesn't work because of the ' .
LetsGoOutside
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by LetsGoOutside »

link fixed... "'" => "%27".

i actually didn't use any sort of flange or delay on that thing that kinda sounds like flange or delay. it's just a tiny clip of compressed distortion with widened stereo that i step-wrote using fl studio's piano roll. pretty much the entire track is comprised of pure distortion than has just been eqed, pitch bent, and compressed to sound like instruments beneath my vocal pieces and the compressed dtmf tone. even the reverbed sounds are just processed distortion. there are two minimal drumlines consisting of compressed 808 and a compressed-as-fck kick i recorded from a kit. i used something like two dozen software compressors across this one. i performed/recorded it live and then mastered it in izotope ozone 2.

i tried to put away concepts like "genre", "good", "bad", "music", etc away on this one. i was more interesting in making something that seemed to have its own behavior -- just crawling around and being sarcastic. but it mixes well with some techno and you can't dance to it if you're just weird enough, so i guess it's kinda like techno.

i've posted some other pieces on this site that sort of have the same goal, but through very different routes. tracks that are more like behavioral entities than music pieces. kind of tough to explain, cause i ain't as bright as i make myself out to be. ;)

thanks for the feedback. the reference is always appreciated just to verify whether or not i'm a total nutjob.