Henrik Kaaimann - 20% alcohol

- music
Henrik Kaaimann
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Henrik Kaaimann - 20% alcohol

Post by Henrik Kaaimann »

Hi lads!

Would you take a minute to listen to my new record: 20% alcohol .... would be cool if some of you guys tell me what they think (even though they dont like it ;))

http://www.myspace.com/henrikkaaimann
async
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by async »

Kinda neat!
The intro could use some work (and some mix-down). The drums sound super flat (like they need a lot of e.q. some tightening up and a little bit of reverb).

I like where it's going, but perhaps try to either tone down the repetitive synth (bum buh dum duh dum) or bring it in later (it sounds great with all of the other stuff arpeggiating over it).

Definitely not a dance-tune, more of a melodic / ambient feel.

So mostly: get good monitors, e.q. your stuff so that only the parts of the spectrum you really like for each instrument are in, work on the bits above 10khz (there's no action up there at all). Make sure your synths and drums have some stereo separation and then add some BASS.
_Mark
Henrik Kaaimann
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Henrik Kaaimann »

Thx for the advice ... I still don't have good monitors (like you've noticed) any good brands for monitors you suggest? When i finally have some good ones the first i'll do is mixing down this track!
Kleig
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Kleig »

Some parts of the song are very good in my opinion, some I don't like at all. For example the bassy thing that comes in right after the intro.

I'd be willing to make a remix of this song, would you be up for it? If you are, you could send me the download link of the parts to my E-Mail (check your private messages).
async
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by async »

You can't go wrong with Event monitors. I have TR-6 monitors. I recommend at least 6'' monitors (though I've heard good things about the 5'' ROKIT monitors as well).
_Mark
minimalimpossible
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by minimalimpossible »

I'm a big fan of my Alesis Monitor Ones. Had them about ten years now with no problems at all.