mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

nice one, keep it up JP...
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Brankis wrote:nice one, keep it up JP...
this was done before the Chicag-detroit gigs. I'd add them there as some of the best evah.
QiK
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by QiK »

:D so human!! thnx !!
jorgeds
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Interview Pheek Exclusive for MNML.nl

Post by jorgeds »

What are some of the things that really get up your nose about the music industry? Don’t be shy ;-)

There’s a lot of course but I try not to be bitter because there’s not much to do besides just working hard on my own labels and music. I think what makes me sad is how people behave with artists and music. There’s a lot of point of view about piracy, for instance, which discourages me a bit. In a way, if people were paying for the music they use (at least professionally), it would give us ways to buy better equipment and make better music.

Also, people want us to make weirder music and not be commercial, but when you go in that direction, no one wants to buy it. So it doesn’t offer a support to. I guess when you go on a more commercial path, people complain you do, but buy it too.

This brings me to a story that happened in Montreal. A friend was in a home party and brought one of my early works. When he played it, many people came to him, asking him to use the computer to make copies to everyone, which he refused. Then someone played a rare album by Peter Gabriel and everyone checked right away on eBay to buy it.

To me, this is absurd. Who needs support here? A new comer or the millionaire? Why do people act this way is mystery to me.

Same thing about top 40 music; people listen to it on the radio all week long, then go buy a copy and when they go out, they want to hear again. Again, there’s something wrong here.
I agree SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo much with this, excellent point!
JNX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JNX »

Love your work Pheek. rspkt. 8)

Btw, would love to have you back in StLouis anytime. Sooner than later. :wink:
MINIBUS
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MINIBUS »

maybe we can try DJ SET in Ableton - @ the WEEKEND huh? :roll:
pheek