work'n class folks.... whats your day job?

- open
Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Luis Isaac »

It is a question of time and effort. And yes sometimes you need to reach some level before offering to play gigs. But the world is for the best "selfsellers"
hugo caldeira vinagre
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hugo caldeira vinagre »

jackbrazzo wrote:Get good contacts if you want to get a gig aswell

true mate- playing every now and then in London - Fluid in Farringdon next weekend.

Slowly but surely :)

hmmm....i guess i dont agree with that... that is the wrong aproach to the music industry if you ask me.... i would really hate if things depended on "socializing" (i know it happens a lot though...i just dont like it)

i prefer : " make good music and you'll get noticed "

i work as a computer technician in a bank.

the shittiest\ weirdest i've done: working on an hospital taking corpses to the morgue.
on a second thought, it wasnt that bad....just weird..... deceased people dont complain.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

hmmm....i guess i dont agree with that... that is the wrong aproach to the music industry if you ask me.... i would really hate if things depended on "socializing" (i know it happens a lot though...i just dont like it)

i prefer : " make good music and you'll get noticed "
This is my approach. I'm still working as a waiter (part time now though) :D

However I think you need to be able to sell yourself as an artist. I'm sure I'm going to look back in years to come and regret not getting mixed up amongst the scene because it really does help your music career. I think for sure you still need to have good music because there are tons of people that roll from party to party getting gigs that way, but really they are never going to be taken seriously.
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

You get out, what you put in.

If you want gigs, then you have to support your scene, put on your own parties, get to know people and help out when you can - this isn't wrong, and it's not kissing ass - it's being part of the scene, and doing your bit to make it better.

If you think that making good music is enough, or should be enough - then you need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture, no one owes you a thing.

Only read the last couple of posts so I may well have missed the point entirely.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

I just go out and meet people call it networking if you like. Great fun, you get to hear some great music in general and some great DJs
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

what are you doing this weekend bro?
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

Me?

I am about Saturday - Was thinking of Russian Bar, missus myself and another couple - Might wander up to the Nest for your night.

Get you get me on the list squire?

JB
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I'll put Jack Brazzo +5 All Free. That cool?