Vakho Gamtsemlidze & Nika Japaridze - Confusion

- music
vakho
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Vakho Gamtsemlidze & Nika Japaridze - Confusion

Post by vakho »

Silence is the potential from which music can arise.
cinch
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cinch »

This is awesome dude. Very experimental. I love the triplet clicky bit that comes in. Oo that piano is sooo weird.

The panning effect at the start of the track is so nice. It seems to go wider than is usually possible with a stereo setup. haha.

The mix sounds excellent, everything is so crisp and clear. The use of super clicky tiny snares and hats gives everything else so much space to breath.

I think the bassline that comes in could be a bit gnarlier. Its a nice groove but this quality of the sound doesn't really match up with all of the other elements in the mix.

Personally im quite opposed to sampling giant chunks of records like you guys do. I think its plagarism, and I think you'll find that many labels will shy away from signing you if you've got such large samples in your tunes. But on the other hand, if you're just trying to make some good tunes for a party then, no worries.

Either way this track is damn good.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

its a good freak listening :wink: (cant see myself dancing to it though)
ok now the hat came in I see myself dancing :P The track change is good (4:30).
I LIKE the piano stuff. Also the panning stuff thiss great.
U have live sax or do u sample it? This is also good good good (u have one track with live sax I see). Don't especially like the vocal though, I think u should tweak it hard to be like something completely different - unrecognizable even. And tweak the bassline a bit too, modulate, whatever.

Nice track nevertheless
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...