What should I go with guys? Help me out please

- ask away
RIP Slim
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

What should I go with guys? Help me out please

Post by RIP Slim »

I'm gonna start releasing mnml if I can ever get this stuff ordered. Im looking to just go all out and grab the...

Native Instruments Komplete 3:
http://www.native-instruments.com/i...id=komplete3_us

Pro-Tools M-Powered:
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_...red71-main.html

and all I need now is a good soundcard to go with it. Since I need an M-Audio one to work with the Pro-Tools M-Powered...can anyone recommend which one I should buy? http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do...D=pciinterfaces

By the way, I won't be recording any instruments. Im strictly into using software. Only thing I might do with the soundcard besides using software type instruments and a sequencer is recording my dj sets. If that is gonna make a difference regarding which I should choose lemme know. Thanks to anyone who replys, I could really use some help, Im no good with picking out certain hardware.
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

you may like buying reaktor 5, live 5 and pro tools m powered more. i may be wrong but i think that the m powered is kind of just riding the name not creating something substantially worth buying. if you want pro tools get the m box version starting out at about 450 us dollars. it may work better for you. hope this helped man, best of luck...
Unclean
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Unclean »

Reaktor5 & Live5, agree ;)
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

N.I. Komplete 3 includes Reaktor 5, btw.

Do you have any experience with Pro Tools or why the choice? I hear it's pretty common alongside with Cakewalk on the U.S. market. However i'd regard it absolutely overdosed and waste of money.

If one's into it, yeah - but if you're just starting you should really check out some hosts and see what may suit your workflow.

Ronny
stefan erhalder
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stefan erhalder »

i agree with ronny about pro tools. its a great system for postproduction/broadcast applications, especially the hd/tdm version. but its midi/sequencing functions are not state of the art. the software has its roots in the audio/digital multitrack world, and not the sequencing world. so for producing electronic music (a lot of programming & sequencing, almost no recording) its probably not a very comfortable tool.
RIP Slim
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by RIP Slim »

Well here's the deal. I was just into djing at first, but for a while now I've been thinking of these great idea's for tracks that either I could release through people I know or just keep to play at shows or what not. And all I have right now is FL Studio. (Eh, can be great if you know how to use it I hear, but I want more) So I figure get a sequencer. (I thought pro tools was good but you guys seem to really trust Live). Reaktor 5 seems great but Komplete has "Battery" included which I hear is great for making and manipulating drum patterns...and I don't believe Reaktor has that. And as far as soundcards go Im lost...I've heard M-audio and Hammerfall?? are good ones. I just have no clue which one to buy according to what I'll need it for. Someone said if im just using software then a Creative Soundblaster one would be fine...is that true would a 24-bit soundblaster be ok? Alright I said alot, I'll wait for a response before I keep explaining.
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

it doesn't matter what you use or what you have, just get your hands on anything and start, in a few years time you'll be in a different state of mind
caemgen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by caemgen »

If you want a full featured DAW get Cubase SX. Or Logic if you're on Mac. Ableton Live is a great tool, but it's gets a little fiddly with bigger projects. Ableton Live is not a full featured DAW, but it can do a lot of cool stuff SX can't do. I use both Live and Cubase SX.