Stewart Walker

Essaj
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Essaj »

Renton wrote:Like his productions as well, especially the ones on Tresor, Live Extracts and Cleopatra's Needle. But downed a live-set of him a while ago and din't really like that. Too fast, too pounding and therefore it just didn't have a soul! :(
i share your opinion exactly.....tuning spork rmx rox btw!
Love is intrumental
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Stewart is THE man! A great producer and a great person. Keep your eyes out for extracts 2 :wink: and lots of new musik.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

Renton wrote:Like his productions as well, especially the ones on Tresor, Live Extracts and Cleopatra's Needle. But downed a live-set of him a while ago and din't really like that. Too fast, too pounding and therefore it just didn't have a soul! :(
This is what makes Stewart Walker so diverse and excellent. He can make some amazing chilled out tunes and at the same time, take the same sound and make it really bangin' in a club setting. You have to understand sometimes he plays at peak time slots and after a whole night of chilled out minimal, the faster and harder minimal pace really makes people scream. His minimal live pa was still the best I've seen so far. I've seen Matthew Dear a handful of times and he comes close.
Aïsh
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Aïsh »

He's one of my favourits, too bad his past releases are so hard to get because everyone wants them :(
braz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by braz »

bought a second-hand record yesterday Sex in Dallas - Berlin Rocks! The Stewart Walker rmx really rocks. combi of minimal, breakbeats and electro. I want more of this kind off stuff. Can anyone help me?
Doctor T
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Stewart Walker

Post by Doctor T »

SandR wrote:Check vooral "Live Extracts" op Tresor van hem!!

TIP! :wink:
Live extracts is cool, but I like Discord better. Half the album is Stewart's music, and half is by Geoff White... but they compliment eachother well. It's very melodic and layered. Force, Inc.

For those of you who are questioning if Stewart Walker should really be considered "minimal", go pick up his first album, Stabiles (also on Force)... it's nothing really groundbreaking, but it's an enjoyable listen, and definitely focused in the true minimal form.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Stewart was rocking some beatin' minimal at even Further '99.
Tic Tac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Tic Tac »

I like all the old stuff from Stewart but, how about some new pearls?
Does anyone know when to expect new vinyl ?: