21%

Total votes: 29

audiostatic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiostatic »

I will have to think about it, but I will probably do, because I like the site

I would say ads are more convenient :)
close the livesets topic, and open it only for donaters (even when they pay €1)

So how would ppl post a new live set then ? would you have to donate to post ? :roll:
louthy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by louthy »

In my experience, paypal buttons on forums don't work. You may get an initial surge of cash as you push it out, but after that nothing. Google Adsense is the best way to go.
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

it´s good too see all this input. we really appreciate it :D :D

there´s also the possibility to do it all: google ads, paypal, and some other ads. but some people might find that too much i guess... :?

we still have to think a lot about all the possibilities.

thank you all :)
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

any other ideas? :wink:
Deef
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Deef »

for those who are willing to donate:
you could for example offer them bandwith via ftp acces, so many of those rapidshare sh*t links will be history...
or a special topic with mnml.nl exclusive tracks (there are a lot of producers on this forum) or sets

for me the most easy (and safe) way to donate would be via bank transaction. i won't bother donating 10-20 euro one time per year
and banners... pff no thank you. VETO! ;)
dou
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dou »

maybe u should charge only ppl who
promote here their releases, djs, producers, little labels and netlabels
or generally make money out of it
You could also try with banner ads.Maybe I would be more interested in buying a banner on here when I have a new release, instead of paying you a few Euro's every month to use the forum
thats a good idea

on the other hand
why pay money for something that is available free on all other boards?
Maybe if you told us more about these projects and how the economics for these are, and why this is a problem for you?
btw i voted the 4th option even tho i disagree with the I don't like people asking me for money part. its just the case on this occasion. i would have voted the same on every forum i participate into
the "minimal" trend has maximised
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

patrick bateman wrote:nothing special here
then go away.

* go to http://detroitclubscene.com they are a cheese dck trace site that promotes paul vandyke.. and HEY THEY HAVE LOTS OF ADDS FOR YOU... feel free to spend more of your time there.. i'm sure you'll fit right in.
patrick bateman wrote:It's true that I promote my releases and stuff on here, but I do the same on a lot of other boards too

now it's clear ...... your motive and real feelings.

awww yes so what your saying is you take all the resources but don't give anything back to the very same hand that feeds you..
patrick bateman wrote:It is true that this board might be one of the best and with the most dedicated people, because we're so concentrated on minimal music
That's a very good reason for me already :wink:
(UMM HELLO)....

I come to this board pretty much only .. due to how and why this entire site was build upon... ( r e l a t i o n s h i p s ) . .
patrick bateman wrote:use banners
I disagree.

W O R D S ...can't express how refreshing it is NOT having to fight off spam adds... to say this is nothing special is an insult to those that love this board.

this was a nice gesture to start with ... :| it was an offering... I even sent vince an email asking him why I didnt even SEE A DONATE BUTTON.. ! its not even on the site....!!!

someone post an offering or suggetion for growth and you respond with your ill manored voice of reason.. {?}

I'll share something with you that was passed on to me by an old friend of mine... I worked for in the mortgage business. he was a self made multi millionaire who never finished high school.

[your business is build on relationships].

why would you pretend to win some battle with someone on this board when you come her to promote and ASK people... to HELP you come up with a LOGO... ? ? ? ?

W H A T ! ! !

but hey come insult a minimal board that you try to promote on.. also....stop telling sincere people who are trying to reach out for proper and ever lasting growth that they are wrong ...

I dont understand how people can say ill sh!t like this on a mnml board.

{?}

I would not only donate .. I would make a point to get together with close friends have a wonderful time and donate material for any projects that may come to mind.

for the love of people and music.

I can see that you will never understand this. I feel informed.. and I'd find it hard for me not to remember your energy.

now to get back to topic.... I would suggest maybe to:

not change a thing.... :D

meaning continue:

no adds / no donations on the main page..
keep it in a spot only on the (front) page and/or only while logging in

or perhaps (only) in the inbox where you write a message.

perhaps send a polite message from the heart asking those that have enjoyed the board to please consider ..

perhaps send that email once a season.

I adore this forum just the way it is..

:D
ParanoidDancer
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by ParanoidDancer »

isabella wrote:
Deef wrote:i previously posted i'll consider donating, but i don't have a creditcard... so... what about such members like me? will there also be the possibility to do it the 'old' way via a direct transfer to your bank account? :)
Sure! All the possibilites are open. You just have to give us ideas, and tell us what you want. :D
PayPal also allows donations via wiretransfer so that's not a problem.

Personally i would be willing to donate. I also pay for other internet services like last.fm and see no reason why I wouldn't donate to a community like this. I am also curious about the future plans of the site. I heard you guys where thinking about a frontpage. If your going thru with such plans I would like to write some content.

Just one thing, you have to watch out for what i call the livesets.com syndrome. Once they where a nice forum with an nice community but they decided that they wanted to grow as big as possible. Now look at what happend to them. They have a huge user base but all the topics have become topics with posters that only say: "yeah me to". There is no serious music discussion going on there anymore. They also tried making a frontpage which the way i look at it has no inreseting content at all. Just some news items copied from other websites. The way i look at it they have become a victim of their own succes.