analog mixer boards

- ask away
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

analog mixer boards

Post by robert lowell »

i'm in need of a good mixer board. i don't see the need for anything over 12 channel. i see alot of new mixers out now with usb/firewire [mackie & alesis for example] that hook directly to your daw. does anyone have one of these and how do you like it?

thanks,

rl
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Sure enough, Mackie is not la crème de la crème but they deliver. The preamps are very ok...synths sound very good in it.

We are very happy with the one we have.

Parametic eq's are A MUST!!
troiton
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by troiton »

i have a mackie onyx. the only reason i got it was so i can track 16 tracks at one time all on seperate tracks when i record live bands. the preamps sound really nice. one thing to remember is when it is hooked up to your computer via firewire, the output of the firewire is after the preamps, but before the eq's. so when recording into your daw thru the firewire, the eq's are useless.

a friend of mine has an alesis usb and that will take all your inputs and send them thru the usb to your computer as a stereo mix.
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by robert lowell »

troiton wrote:i have a mackie onyx. the only reason i got it was so i can track 16 tracks at one time all on seperate tracks when i record live bands. the preamps sound really nice. one thing to remember is when it is hooked up to your computer via firewire, the output of the firewire is after the preamps, but before the eq's. so when recording into your daw thru the firewire, the eq's are useless.

a friend of mine has an alesis usb and that will take all your inputs and send them thru the usb to your computer as a stereo mix.
being able to run seperate tracks for mixdowns is key. thanks for the input.
kevin h
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kevin h »

check out the tascam fw-1884 and the m-audio projectmix i/o $1000 each

avoid the alesis, imo
bawww..........beep-beep
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by robert lowell »

the more i look into this stuff. the more i think i should just get a new soundcard with multiple ins.
kevin h
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kevin h »

just get the firewire interface for the onyx
bawww..........beep-beep