Dynaudio BM9S Sub

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Dynaudio BM9S Sub

Post by steevio »

i'd definitely say go with monitors that go a little lower rather than adding a sub.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

steevio wrote:i'd definitely say go with monitors that go a little lower rather than adding a sub.
+100000000000

I have never heard a setup with a sub that has sounded good. It always sounds to seperate from the sound coming from the speakers.

I think you should be fine with BM5's, if you have come from using HiFi speakers or cheap monitors to the Dyn's you are not going to hear bass like you are used to. You are going to be hearing what is really there
sTEVYsTEVE
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sTEVYsTEVE »

lem wrote:
steevio wrote:i'd definitely say go with monitors that go a little lower rather than adding a sub.
+100000000000

I have never heard a setup with a sub that has sounded good. It always sounds to seperate from the sound coming from the speakers.

I think you should be fine with BM5's, if you have come from using HiFi speakers or cheap monitors to the Dyn's you are not going to hear bass like you are used to. You are going to be hearing what is really there
Nope..or yes, i hear what is really there, in terms of clarity are far away better from rokit or cheaper speakers, but there's too lack of the bass.
I want to hear more bass in it.
That's why i'm thinking about the bm6a or the bm12a..i was thinking about the 6.
Others?
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

lem wrote:
+100000000000

i would get the BM6. the bass of the BM5 wouldnt be enough for me. but a sub opens a whole new can of worms regarding soundproblems with your room.
techno made me do it
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

if you want to hear the bass maybe get some Mackie HR824 s

i really like mine
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

I would go with the Mackies if you want monitors with a weighty bass.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

if you want a sub make sure you treat your room first and do measurements with impulse responses to get the sub at just the right level. it's better to have it to quiet than to loud.

i've mixed with a sub in a proper studio and really enjoyed it. it was actually one of the Dynaudio with BM6. with a sub you get a much fuller bass and it actually makes the midrange of the monitors sound better too because they have less work to do.

it's a lot easier and cheaper just to get bigger speakers but if you get it right you will love it.
sTEVYsTEVE
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sTEVYsTEVE »

Seems to be really similar to
http://www.akaipro.com/rpm8

Am i wrong?

@Steevio: Do they trasmit well on other frequencies too?
Sounds good on other soundsystems?