Dynaudio BM9S Sub

- ask away
sTEVYsTEVE
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Dynaudio BM9S Sub

Post by sTEVYsTEVE »

Hi guys, i've in my studio a pair of dynaudios bm5a mkII..and as you know there's a lack of the lowend that in this music you shouldn't miss. So i was thinking to buy this sub..what do you think about it?

http://www.dynaudioacoustics.com/Defaul ... AjrNwsPg=1

Moreover, how could i connect the sub to the speakers?

Thanks
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Dynaudio BM9S Sub

Post by steevio »

are you not happy with the sound of your tracks ?

when you listen to your tracks on other peoples systems, or car stereos etc.. is there not enough bass or too much bass ?

have you spectrum analysed your tracks to see what the lowest frequenecies are ?

do you write your tracks in specific keys ?

how do you make your music - purely with samples ? / soft synths ? / hardware ? or a combination ?
spire
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spire »

sTEVYsTEVE wrote:Moreover, how could i connect the sub to the speakers?
I have the KRK RP-10s subwoofer and you connect the L/R outputs from your soundcard into the subwoofer's internal crossover, then connect your monitors to the outputs on the sub.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

what monitors did u have before?
sTEVYsTEVE
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sTEVYsTEVE »

Before i had the KRK RP6 Rokit II, but i wasn't so satisfited about the sounds trasmission..when i heared the stuff i did on other soundsystems, sometimes it sounded good, sometimes sh!t.

Anyway, actually the problem is that i can't really hear correctly how i made a bass..when i hear it on other soundsystems sounds good, but, i said, i can't hear it as i want to ('cause i don't want it to sound just good..i want it to sounds PERFECT).
Spectrum analyzer otherwise, i want to hear it as good as i can.
For the bass i don't use samples, just some digital VSTs, BUT i always use to put a filter on it, and when i work with it and with really low frequency, i've to hear perfectly what i'm doin', 'cause i can get really great basslines, but i've to the chance to do it. That's it.

Your opinion.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

sTEVYsTEVE wrote:Before i had the KRK RP6 Rokit II, but i wasn't so satisfited about the sounds trasmission..when i heared the stuff i did on other soundsystems, sometimes it sounded good, sometimes sh!t.

Anyway, actually the problem is that i can't really hear correctly how i made a bass..when i hear it on other soundsystems sounds good, but, i said, i can't hear it as i want to ('cause i don't want it to sound just good..i want it to sounds PERFECT).
For the bass i don't use samples, just some digital VSTs, BUT i always use to put a filter on it, and when i work with it and with really low frequency, i've to hear perfectly what i'm doin', 'cause i can get really great basslines, but i've to the chance to do it. That's it.

Your opinion.
the problem is that if you start to hear more bass with a sub, unless your room acoustics are good, it may actually make it harder to get a good mix. many producers prefer to not have a sub, because you over compensate and your mixes become bass light.
the speakers you have go down to about 45 Hz, if you dont have much going on below 45Hz, then is it worth having a sub ?
this is why i asked how you produce, and if you'd spectrum analysed your tracks.
because you are using a VST you can be very specific about which frequencies you use for your bass, by choosing a good key to write in.
do you use frequencies below 45 Hz ?
sTEVYsTEVE
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sTEVYsTEVE »

steevio wrote:
sTEVYsTEVE wrote:Before i had the KRK RP6 Rokit II, but i wasn't so satisfited about the sounds trasmission..when i heared the stuff i did on other soundsystems, sometimes it sounded good, sometimes sh!t.

Your opinion.
the problem is that if you start to hear more bass with a sub, unless your room acoustics are good, it may actually make it harder to get a good mix. many producers prefer to not have a sub, because you over compensate and your mixes become bass light.
the speakers you have go down to about 45 Hz, if you dont have much going on below 45Hz, then is it worth having a sub ?
this is why i asked how you produce, and if you'd spectrum analysed your tracks.
because you are using a VST you can be very specific about which frequencies you use for your bass, by choosing a good key to write in.
do you use frequencies below 45 Hz ?
Sometime yes..if u wanna make the difference you have to experiment too, but this is another topic.
Buyin a new pair of speakers could be a good idea?
BM6a MKII or BM12a? Or other marks??
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

i have the bm6a's and have no problem hearing bass. they go a little lower i think then the bm5a's