halfadder - sovery

- music
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

halfadder - sovery

Post by skept »

http://halfadder.experimedia.net/mp3/ha ... sovery.mp3 (right click->save as)

a new track by me. feedback of any sort is greatly appreciated!
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Semirk »

Cool energetic beginning although would have possibly been nice to hear the elements worked in. The variation in this piece is great and the track comes into a sense of power very quickly. A bit psy in its sound with the bass, which is cool, not sure if thats what you were going for though.

The vocal snippets are nice too. After 3 mins it maybe gets a bit too chaotic for my liking but still sounds very good production wise.

Nice track you have here, very well produced, not entirely my thing though.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

Semirk wrote:Nice track you have here, very well produced, not entirely my thing though.
thanks for the good words! i know this cut is not most people on this boards kind of thing. it definitely is not minimal music in my opinion. but you see, i listen to minimal music, i dj minimal music, i attempt to produce it... but this is what comes out. for now.

sooooo.... mlexicon? keneda? feedback??? you guys' thoughts are really helpful if you have a few minutes (anyone else's feedback is also appreciated and helpful please don't misunderstand). thanks!!!
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

listenin:

ok very busy....
so you got alot of the buttons down and what they do....:)
thats for sure.....but
from what your sayin is your tryin to make minimal music
so you need to chill a bit more me thinks...
dont think you gotta fill up every space with something happenin constantly...
well for me...i try and make a good groove that i can build upon....
i dont need there to be something constantly going on...

the things you do....sound cool....but you do them 100000 times so in a way i dont care anymore....you follow?

you know what might be helpful....check this out
http://www.daniel-bell.com/download/CABANNE_BELL.mp4

its Cabanne and Daniel Bell ...doin it live

and what i would say to notice is....see how they wait to trigger things....and watch how they build up their music....its not this constant mind fck....its just letting the loops and their own personal taste decide whats going where....

so man.....you got some skills pushing buttons, but tame that sh!t down and people will appreciate it alot more

:)

later
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

mlexicon wrote: so man.....you got some skills pushing buttons, but tame that sht down and people will appreciate it alot more
yeah i think you are exactly right. i think your comment on the last track i wrote may fit this one well also "you give everything away all at once" or something like that :).

i do feel this need to fill every little void with something. i want to keep everything very dynamic and i think that is where the problem comes in because i keep adding more instead of progressing what is already there. what do you think?

i will definitely check out that link tonight after work. thanks for the feedback mathias! i am starting a new track tonight. hopefully i will successfully apply your suggestions.
bazz001
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bazz001 »

what m.lexicon said :D

For my personal taste I would slow it down and strip it back man, i see your also a fan of the dblue glitch :wink:

good work though, will be interesting to hear your next tracks :D
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

bazz001 wrote:i see your also a fan of the dblue glitch :wink:
yes i love it! i make it to obvious. trying to use it in moderation more.
bazz001 wrote:good work though, will be interesting to hear your next tracks :D
great! what i am working on now is way more stripped down. hopefully it will come out nice. thanks for the feedback!