Analogue Solutions Leipzig-S ( monosynth + sequencer )

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Analogue Solutions Leipzig-S ( monosynth + sequencer )

Post by oblioblioblio »

my set up is portable too. It needs some accomodation as you couldn't easily stick it into a tiny DJ booth, but i can easily take it out and play, which is important to me to be able to do that.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

I want to see pictures of the setups :) would be cool... It's about time for some studio update photos anyways. :)

Steevio thanks for posting my first modular setup! :) I'm gonna do it eventually, I don't think the tip top happy ending is really a happy endings. Lol... More like sh!t, I need more modules type of ending :)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

hydrogen wrote:I want to see pictures of the setups :) would be cool... It's about time for some studio update photos anyways. :)

Steevio thanks for posting my first modular setup! :) I'm gonna do it eventually, I don't think the tip top happy ending is really a happy endings. Lol... More like sh!t, I need more modules type of ending :)
sorry AK for modjacking the thread,

i would be going for a TipTop Z3000 VCO if i was buying a perfect Bass set-up, but its more expensive, but has loads of FM and waveshaping options, so you can have much more than straight smooth bass, you could go way more techy.
i only use the MFB Osc 02 because i ran out of better VCOs, and i generally use smooth subby bass which doesnt require FM etc. so it only needs to be a basic VCO.
i could probs get away with an Analogue solutions VCO (£79)
Pigeon Provider
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Pigeon Provider »

steevio wrote:thats one way for sure, but if you've never used an all modular rig, then you cant comment on what it would be like.
ive done both, and i know which is the best for me.
Exactly , whats best for you is all that matters , never a truer word spoken. I was only commenting because I have used modular sysnthsis setups in the past, not sure about the "all" modular shin dig but "some" modular. I come from a synthy guitar backround , all that sh!t has never been out of moog. I grew up with my dad and people worshiping the fairlight, its only natural my generation worship the computer :D
steevio wrote: i do exactly that, take my modular on the road. its two flight cases, and its a shitload less than the gear i used to lug around with me when i was a guitarist in a band.
i'm afraid the laptop era has turned everyone into wusses, its not about whether you can be bothered to carry your gear about with you, its about providing something different, using the best kit you have available to you, and what youre used to in your studio.
get yourself down the gym ;)
If a modular system was the bread and butter of my music then I would do exactly the same, it would be logical to have as much signal processing and sequencing parameters in the rack as possible, oh and patch cords. But for me its not , I aint going to the gym either, its full of strange people with small heads who have crap taste in music (*)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Pigeon Provider wrote:
If a modular system was the bread and butter of my music then I would do exactly the same, it would be logical to have as much signal processing and sequencing parameters in the rack as possible, oh and patch cords. But for me its not , I aint going to the gym either, its full of strange people with small heads who have crap taste in music (*)
haha yes what is it with the small heads thing ? :lol:

yup i just like it all in front of me, so i can reach out and do it all in realtime from one surface.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

strange people with small heads? wtf! :lol: Image?

Man, it's amazing sometimes when you read the first post of a thread and then the last and wonder how the hell things ended up on a certain subject! :lol:

Anyway, that Leipzig - S works out a fair bit more than advertised, I didn't realise that you need to add to that initial cost something like £135 VAT, and then shipping costs ( 4 weeks ) so it ends up £800 and something if I remember rightly. I'm not sure about that at all, considering at this point I just want some analogue bottom end.