Analogue Solutions Leipzig-S ( monosynth + sequencer )

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Analogue Solutions Leipzig-S ( monosynth + sequencer )

Post by AK »

Anybody got any opinions on this machine? I've only recently come across it and haven't heard it mentioned on here before so though I'd ask. Here's the info on the Analogue Slutions product page:

http://analoguesolutions.org.uk/v2/leipzig-s/

There's a Youtube demo at the bottom of that page, or the Youtube link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEdj4A81 ... e=related.

Sounds really aggressive in the latter part of that video demo, I'm not sure how well rounded it is in regard to more subtle sounds. Can't seem to find a great deal of info on it either, the very brief description on the manufacture's page doesn't seem to have any link to expand on the specs, it's just a key feature bullet-point style overview.

And it's this:

* Pure analogue voice and modulation circuitry.
* Fat Moog style filter.
* 2 VCOs with Glide and Sub-VCOs.
* Osc Sync & Cross-Mod
* Plenty of modulation routing possibilities.
* We are a big fan of electronic percussion here, so Leipzig-S modulation choices provide for good drum possibilities
* Analogue step sequencer – with plenty of clocking options.
* Audio input so can be used as a sound processor.
* Rugged steel/aluminium construction.
* MIDI In for software sequencer control.

Some other little demo here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoSy0J1K ... re=related

Other than that I can't find a great deal more info or demos. The price is certainly attractive and I'm on the look-out for something in this type of area. Anyone know anything about it, got any links to any better info/reviews etc?
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Analogue Solutions Leipzig-S ( monosynth + sequencer )

Post by tsankip »

seems like a nice little synth!
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

There just seems to be no info on it so I'm wondering if that's because it's sh!t or whether it's just not that well known... :?:
Pigeon Provider
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Pigeon Provider »

AK wrote:There just seems to be no info on it so I'm wondering if that's because it's sh!t or whether it's just not that well known... :?:
most people probably just go modular hence the lack of reviews. These are desktop devices aimed at producers who just want a tee-nth of analogue. The MFB desktop module is better, lower build quality but better imho I would look there.

I am buying there drum module to compliment my machine drum, I am also getting the tempest. I can only speak from my experience and, it will obviously be different too you and the variables you have in your zone/studio.

Get one, I am sure the resale will hold on such "real" sounding voice.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

you can get a basic modular start up setup for that money.

i wouldnt find the sequencer much use tbh, it looks basic and i would want my sequencer to control everything.

AS stuff is OK, better quality than MFB.

not for me, but if you dont envisage ever going modular, and you just want an analogue synth, and you dont have any more money available in the near future then maybe go for it.
but if you are on a mission to expand your studio, modular is the only way to go right now if you dont want limitations. there are virtually no limitations to a modular set-up, you can do what the hell you like....within budget
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Cheers. I'm not as free-flowing as a lot of minds are with music. I have invested a lot of dosh into a modern set-up and I'm happy with that ( would love to witness a modular session 1st hand btw ) but for me now, what I need, is a solid bottom end. In the upper frequencies, I'm happy with how i can make my sounds, my musical taste is starting to lean on the Deep/but/tech House side and for my needs, I just think I am lacking in convincing bottom end- Will post more soon, door rang
twisted-space
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by twisted-space »

AK wrote:but for me now, what I need, is a solid bottom end.
Keep your eyes open for a second hand waldorf pulse.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

twisted-space wrote:
AK wrote:but for me now, what I need, is a solid bottom end.
Keep your eyes open for a second hand waldorf pulse.

hahah, not laughing at you but laughing co's I have had 3 of them in the past and keep rec- them on here to others.

great machine, fantistic sounding osc and great env.. Trust me, I know that synth, a lot of people don't and they are missing out big time. Best monosynth I ever experienced bar none. Pisses all over an SH101, and of course it has tunable sources per osc.

Amazig synth bro,Im kinda reading but out of it all on a bit of weed kid, will be be more coherent tomoz.

I Tried typing but I hit an epic fail and I deleted