crimebot - ichthyolatry

- music
Juho Kahilainen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Juho Kahilainen »

I thought Estonia is only house and drum'n'bass... I was wrong.

The drums are well programmed, housy and cool. Also the pad on the background is twisted like it should. The problem is with the bassline and the chord-sequence. Throw those elements away, because they might limit your way of thinking.

Start working with only the drums and the background pad. For the bass... Try something weird (triplets, bit reduction on some notes, filtering). When you got the kick and the bassline together, you can try to build a sequence on top. Sometimes you come up with good results and sometimes you don't. As simple as that. :)

But don't waste those drums and that pad with too slick bassline. Be dirty.
Juho Kahilainen (dj & producer)
Info: http://www.juhokahilainen.com
Club: http://www.phonour.com
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

ty 4 reply

I'm dirty allright :D
but this one I try to keep slick and tidy.
prolly I'll have to come up with something new for the bassline.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Semirk »

Don't know what the others have said as I like to roll my opinions straight off so apologies is anything is repeated. :)

Really sweet intro, very housey in the way it sounds, presuming that was possibly the intention. :wink: The sounds that begin around 1:18 are great, what did you use for them? Anything in particular? Sounding very nice nice indeed. The percussion variation is good also. Not too sure on the bass in the back, not sure if it entirely fits in with the rest of the track.

At some points the kick loses its power, maybe you could have a look at that if you or any of the other reviewers agree with me.

Nice track, would like to hear a finished version of this definitely.