Ricardo Kick

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Ricardo Kick

Post by oblioblioblio »

what reverb does phil collins use on his snares?
loopdon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by loopdon »

Is this thread still going strong? -frown 2
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

but what did he use on his rototoms ?

phil i mean.
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

i think he used the rototom vst back in the days,phil i mean 8) ....don't get the hype of Villalobos kicks...there are also other good producers with superb kicks out there :roll:
loopdon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by loopdon »

I suggest we start talking about U-He's newest offering, Diva Vst.
I reckon that's some next level sh!t
http://www.u-he.com/cms/113-diva-goes-beta
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

loopdon wrote:I suggest we start talking about U-He's newest offering, Diva Vst.
I reckon that's some next level sh!t
http://www.u-he.com/cms/113-diva-goes-beta
At first glance, it just appears to be yet another software analog emulation/VA thing. Without trying to be a party pooper, isn't there enough of this stuff already? I reckon this is what software should head towards ( physical modelling ) http://www.applied-acoustics.com/chromaphone/overview/ Sounds great IMO - I'm just trying the demo, you can get some awesome tuned hand percussion type instruments with a huge amount of expression and playability, and they remain synthetic in a good way.

I'm stoked as to how we ended up with 6 pages in a thread entitled 'ricardo kick', c'mon guys.
loopdon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by loopdon »

AK, yeah you might be right but in this case i think we might be in for a surprise.
There's even a MAC version :-flower

Chromaphone is pretty sweet, yes. Totally new idea, errr, i guess, no.
And it doesn't have to be, does it?
Another contender for sweet new plugin is ValhallaDSPs Übermod.

I think we both agree that this thread here has been beaten to death.
I don't even want to think what might happen if i started a thread
reporting Ricardo had said that DIVA replaced all his hardware synths.

U-He's sales/ warezed downloads of his plugins would probably skyrocket,
instantly..
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Yeah it might be brilliant for all I know, I just meant it along the lines of, "Oh, another VST synth, how is it different to any other", because that's the kind of thing a lot of people assume when something new comes out. I'd be wrong to single out U-he for releasing anything new of this type because the vast majority of them do. And yeah, I know physical modelling isn't necessarily new in the software world, I just think Applied Acoustics do it really well. If you take Lounge Lizrd as an example, for me, it's the only EP type plugin I need, some Rhodes/Wurly type aficionados would probably diss it as not being realistic enough but, for the majority of people who aren't as consumed to try and emulate said instruments to a tee, it's spot on. Other possibilities of getting decent EP sounds in software usually require huge gigabytes of multisampled instruments which have been painstakingly assigned to velocity senstivity for response and playability. With the physical modelling, you don't need to eat half your hard drive and the results can often be unique because of the synthesis capabilities. I'm a big fan of physical modelling and it's definitely one of the areas where software can excell.

Just my $0.2 :)