SH-101 Mains Hum

- ask away
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: SH-101 Mains Hum

Post by agodi »

wow...i only was talking about the patch!
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

calm down lads

btw the 303 is capable of some devastating funky bass rumbles and wobbles that are a million miles away from acid squelch, you just have to turn the resonance to zero. much missused and missunderstood machine the 303.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i'm just saying (in pub talk friendly hostility mode) that I think the 101(or mc202) is a far more capable machine than the 303.

i guess there's stuff that a 303 can do that the 101 can't which i overlooked. i think there's a rawness to the sound which other things can't do.

if i was to buy one of those machines again I reckon i'd go for an mc202. 101 plus weird as fck sequencer.
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

The 101 undoubtably has a wider range of capabilities than a 303.

going back to the original topic, there seems to be a bit on other forums about the mains hum from inadequate psu's. Some people say you should only use a Boss psu but I know that my own 101 works fine on a maplin psu. Its a regulated ac/dc 12v 400ma 4.8 va. if that helps.
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... noisy.html
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/printview ... 76&start=0
Last edited by agodi on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

agodi wrote:The 101 undoubtably has a wider range of capabilities than a 303.

going back to the original topic, there seems to be a bit on other forums about the mains hum from inadequate psu's. Some people say you should only use a Boss psu but I know that my own 101 works fine on a maplin psu. Its a regulated ac/dc 12v 400ma 4.8 va. if that helps.
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... noisy.html
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/printview ... 76&start=0
ive been using universal PSUs on both my 101s for years now with no problems.

but like i said earlier its best to use the old style PSU, not the modern 'switching' type.
if you dont know the difference, the old ones are big and heavy, the new ones are very light and small.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Hey, in response to my earlier post about daft comments. Surely you guys know by now that I never have malice in my posts but if I disagre with something I wont beat about the bush with it... Good natured arguments are always good... :D No offence intended ( ever ) If we were all in the same room having some of these debates, my tone of voice and how I am naturally would come across as me being a sound guy. I forget that we are not in the same room together and appreciate that wording doesn't often reflect a joking or casual mocking manner.

Peace!
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

anyone here ever tried the doepfer dark link USB/MIDI CV/Gate interface for controlling an SH-101 ?
I'm looking for a CV/Gate interface, and I don't see much point in paying twice the price for a kenton unit if I can do the same thing with the doepfer.
Or am I missing something ?
I have no experience whatsoever with CV/Gate but it doesn't exactly seem rocket science, right ?
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

I think the kenton is much more flexible than the doepfer, maybe it has a better/higher resolution. People often swear by the kentons....