My first proper finished track

- music
Harry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

My first proper finished track

Post by Harry »

This is the first tune i've made that is based all on one idea and actually goes through the motions like a real track.

Any feedback would be great!
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: My first proper finished track

Post by Barfunkel »

Sounds good to me, especially for a first track. I wish my 1st track had sounded this good, judging from a quick headphone listen, there's nothing wrong with the mix, things sound very balanced.

Musically, you might want to introduce a new element halfway through to keep things a bit more interesting. A little melody, a pad sound, some extreme delays, something.
Harry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Harry »

Cheers man! Thanks for the feedback. I've been making bits on logic for a while, but this is the first one that i've managed to properly finish and may be able to play out.

I was thinking of adding in something new, but i couldn't something to fit well enough, might go back to it in a week or so a have another go
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

really nice track, the kick and bass sounds solid (although what's with the panned bass?) but the metallic hihat is a bit too harsh on the listener (imagine listening on headphones, you can't crank the volume up because it would be too piercing, it's keeping the track back). Otherwise I think you could beef up the main dub synth a bit with some tube distortion, more high freqs and more bass, plus a stereo effect like chorus. Seeing as it's so lonely it's nice to make it big.

great first track mate
Utopian82
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Utopian82 »

I really like how this track holds back! I agree with the comment about the hat. Nice one!
Harry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Harry »

Yo, cheers for the feedback. Not sure how the bass ended up panning, i think it's due it being in unison on ES2, I don't mind it though :). A couple of people have said about the hat as well, going to change that soon. I agree about the synth too, it sounded beefier playing the track in logic, going to change that when I go back to do the hat. I'll let you know when it's updated. Glad you're liking it!
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Very good man. I like the vibe of the track, very reserved and chill.
I think however, that you could your hihats a bit, they are too sharp and piercing.

Now this is an idea i'm suggesting but I thought it would have been cool to hear some vocal snippet here and there. Would have fitted the mood of the track.

Again, nice job! Keep it up!
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

No vocal snippets please! They are one of the most annoying things in modern techno.