Pleasant Musical Surprises... maybe off topic but whatever

- open
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Pleasant Musical Surprises... maybe off topic but whatever

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Sometimes it might seem that I am always making posts which are off topic from minimal techno but to be honest electronic and techno in particular makes up most of the music I listen to so sometimes when I come across things I find interesting I wonder what others who like the same music I so think of it. Its not that I am a person who is on a minimal forum who just posts about anything... its that I like electronic music and I would like to hear what people with similar interest think of things I have come across.

I have had a few interesting musical quirks pop up recently...

The first interesting music experience I have had recently was involving a live performance on the Conan show late at night. The band Grouplove performed and generally speaking I do nor respond this this kind of music but for some reason I put down the stuff was working on and became riveted on the performance at hand.

Here is a link to the official vid... NOT INTEGRATED WITH MNML... YOU MUST CLICK LINK

Unfortunately when I went to the Conan website the vid would not play... it just sat with a spinning circle. Here is the official vid but to be honest... there was something a little magical about the live performance. I was in the middle of solving a complicated equation but my ears perked up in such a way that I put my work down and became riveted by their energetic performance. Lets be honest... most late night performances are mediocre at best but this was unusual in my opinion. These guys had an great energy. Worth mentioning. I can't say why... it just was. I found a vid of the performance a few hours after of it was aired that was very nice but it is gone now... sad.

The the second is Eva Mendes. Everyone probably knows her as an actress but I was surprised to find out that she is also a musical talent. She has been in over two dozen Hollywood movies but I have never thought of her as a singer before.

NOT INTEGRATED WITH MNML... YOU MUST CLICK LINK
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/788c7d ... eva-mendes

So the a little while back I was watching the credits of a movie called The Other Guys and noticed a track from the credits of that I kind of liked and felt the urge to look it up. Apparently it was a “spoof” kind of track by the makers of the movies... the track was released on funyordie.com... yes the same website that lets out the material from the likes of Will Farrell and such.

So... this track was a comic musical release related to the movie... of which Eva had a part in.

Anyways, I like the track but I love the track starting at 01:00... the next 15 seconds of sound are pure vocal sonic bliss. I had no idea she has such a nice voice... such a sultry intro, plus a sense of humour. I was impressed by her. Talk about a quadruple threat. Looks, voice, attitude and funny. I wonder if she can dance... She would have made a great diva. I never thought much of c-lo before this vid either THB but he is not bad in term of presentation. Eva has the package though. When I discovered Eva's voice I looked up her music work and found this video from Thierry Mugler... The package must have been why Thierry Mugler decided to recruit her to be the voice of Angel. Thierry Mugler is a French fashion/perfume designer.

Two of my pleasant musical surprises recently.

I would encourage others to share musical surprises they have encountered.

I love music!

Then there is this...

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0a4d42 ... s-sex-tape
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Pleasant Musical Surprises... maybe off topic but whatev

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I don't know why I can't access the vid for Grouplove on teamcoco... maybe because I am not in the US... I hate copyright bs... its why I refuse to spend even a cent I don't have to if I know it is going to a big music corp. You can't even help them promote their music. They is dicks.

http://teamcoco.com/video/grouplove-colours

That is the link to the performance... good luck with that... nonsense like that is why America failing... you can't stop the world.