Info about some analog effect generators

- ask away
kenah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Info about some analog effect generators

Post by kenah »

I am searching for a good , not so expensive analog effect processor with various effects like delays , reverb , destortion and so on , or even analog synth's with good construction within the LFO's and so .

P.S. : I am searching for this option in need for extra processing for my Akai MPC2500 , if you know something else in good addition with the mpc , feel free to express your ideea , I am in a really dilema here and would need a good advice .

The price range would be around 350 - 450 Euro , also thinking of buying one of the device i am talking about and even buy an extra synth around december so would be best if you guys would help me with some examples of these kind of devices.

in a while I'll be back with some self sugestions , will be posting some examples of devices in which I would select one of it .

Here are my personal choices :

VERMONA FILTER LANCET - 349 Euro <-> But what about VERMONA RETROVERB LANCET - 469 Euro ( this is quite little expensive but if its much better than the filter lancet I would care to wait for it instead ) I understand that the Retroverb would be a effectdevice not only a filter device what the filter lancet would be , dont know if the money calls the retroverb and not the filter lancet ...

JOMOX T-RESONATOR - 249 Euro

LEXICON MX400 - 389 Euro

DAVE SMITH INSTRUMENTS MOPHO ( synthesizer )- 322 Euro

DOEPFER DARK ENERGY - 379 Euro

so i have 6 options to choose but not sure what is the best for the akai mpc setup .

I also can buy one sound effect processor and wait till December for an extra device , maybe the synth's .

Would really need some advice .
Thank you for the help .
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Info about some analog effect generators

Post by Opuswerk »

kenah wrote:

But what about VERMONA RETROVERB LANCET - 469 Euro ( this is quite little expensive but if its much better than the filter lancet I would care to wait for it instead ) I understand that the Retroverb would be a effectdevice not only a filter device what the filter lancet would be , dont know if the money calls the retroverb and not the filter lancet ...
I have the first model of the retroverb. Imo it's quite a beast, but you have to know it has quite a distinct sound quality. While the filter is very nice and smooth and has an enveloppe follower, the springs don't sound like a software revebr, but very much like a spring reverb :D so make sure you like the sound of that. Basically the retroverb lancet, is an expanded filter lancet.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

If you go for a synth, go for the dark energy.
Lot more playfull and imo better sounding then the dave smith mopho
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

kdgh wrote:If you go for a synth, go for the dark energy.
Lot more playfull and imo better sounding then the dave smith mopho
i have both.totally different synths. and i wouldnt say the DE sounds better than the mopho. but i would sell my mopho to get a tetra ;)
also together with the DE i got me a moogerfooger phaser. which compliments the DE. the analog phaser is also a great unit to stereorize monosignals.
techno made me do it
kenah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenah »

I think my last options are Lexicon Mx400 / Vermona Retroverb Lancet ( allthough it has a relative big price i would call for the retroverb but don't know if the retroverb lancet would be much better than the filter lancet and the lexicon effect , but i would call for a effect unit for now and buy a synth in december ).

In what synths may call I am thinking of starting with the Dark Energy .

I was questioning about the jomox t-resonator but looked more carefully and it's a relative nice machine but i think for now , a better choice is something instead of it .

Now i have to choose between Lexicon MX400 / Vermona retroverb / Vermona filter lancet .
kenah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenah »

Also thinking that maybe it's a better choice to think about Vermona Mono Lancet ( 419 Euro ) than the Filter Lancet , allthough i guess the true vermona device in this range would be the retroverb . Please call if you got advice between Mono Lancet and Retroverb . I am thinking about the lexicon too , but don't know how much better it is instead of all the other choices , allthough is a completelly different kind of work process .

Still waiting for some info please . Thank you !
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

MonoLancet, retroverb and filter lancet are completely different things.

I've used monolancet, dark energy, and tetra. And I think for techno bass the mono lancet takes the cake. It can really get those nice round analogue lows. All great synths though :). So you won't be dissatisfied. I found the dark energy small and challenging to wrap your head around but there is some insane power there to make crazy sounds.

Kind of sounds like you just want new gear verses anything specific...
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

hydrogen wrote:
Kind of sounds like you just want new gear verses anything specific...
had the same impression.
techno made me do it