AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Looking to buy a monomachine.

Post by AK »

TechnoMusic wrote:
AK wrote:
dyte wrote:
AK wrote:I'm useless at the moment though, got a broken nose, a broken right hand and a right shoulder that was dislocated. Ouch..
This a result of trying to knick somebody's monomachine? ;)
Haha, no, I do Muay Thai Kickboxing and got my arse kicked.
Must have been some comp. I used to train myself and never got that level of injury, having said that I quit because of a torn ACL in my left knee which I got doing MMA. :)

Anyway hows the monomachine? Im considering one myself to go with my NI Maschine.
Re: Kickboxing: I don't compete but we do a lot of full contact stuff but with a lot of restricted strikes ( no knees to face or Muay Thai clinches and stuff ), nothing really held back massively but that is optional. My hand breaking was a result of a previous injury that I never let heal long enough ( the metacarpal neck in right hand ) but it's ok at the minute unless I lift something heavy and then it hurts like hell. My shoulder dislocating was the result of a front kick where the ball of his heel slammed against my shoulder pushing it back and out a bit, hurt like hell and I dropped my guard and got left hooked in the face.

Would love to have done MMA if I'd known about it years ago, just for the fitness alone ( I find kickboxing is a good work out though ) A friend of mine does jiu jitsu, which he got into via judo and was at a seminar with some members of the Gracie family from Brazil. He's now obsessed with MMA.

Anyway, re: the monomachine, I was about to get it off this guy but then he insisted on Paypal after I offered him the cash deposited into his account. Had issues with Paypal after my Windows Live account got 'apparently' hacked. Nothing to do with paypal but I couldn't access my email account and therefore couldn't access my paypal details. I did try and set up a new paypal account but then it said my bank details were already registered and I would have to use a different bank account ( which I don't have )

I should contact paypal really but it's not a priority at the minute, got so many things I need to do.
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

AK wrote:
TechnoMusic wrote:
AK wrote:
dyte wrote:
AK wrote:I'm useless at the moment though, got a broken nose, a broken right hand and a right shoulder that was dislocated. Ouch..
This a result of trying to knick somebody's monomachine? ;)
Haha, no, I do Muay Thai Kickboxing and got my arse kicked.
Must have been some comp. I used to train myself and never got that level of injury, having said that I quit because of a torn ACL in my left knee which I got doing MMA. :)

Anyway hows the monomachine? Im considering one myself to go with my NI Maschine.
Re: Kickboxing: I don't compete but we do a lot of full contact stuff but with a lot of restricted strikes ( no knees to face or Muay Thai clinches and stuff ), nothing really held back massively but that is optional. My hand breaking was a result of a previous injury that I never let heal long enough ( the metacarpal neck in right hand ) but it's ok at the minute unless I lift something heavy and then it hurts like hell. My shoulder dislocating was the result of a front kick where the ball of his heel slammed against my shoulder pushing it back and out a bit, hurt like hell and I dropped my guard and got left hooked in the face.

Would love to have done MMA if I'd known about it years ago, just for the fitness alone ( I find kickboxing is a good work out though ) A friend of mine does jiu jitsu, which he got into via judo and was at a seminar with some members of the Gracie family from Brazil. He's now obsessed with MMA.

Anyway, re: the monomachine, I was about to get it off this guy but then he insisted on Paypal after I offered him the cash deposited into his account. Had issues with Paypal after my Windows Live account got 'apparently' hacked. Nothing to do with paypal but I couldn't access my email account and therefore couldn't access my paypal details. I did try and set up a new paypal account but then it said my bank details were already registered and I would have to use a different bank account ( which I don't have )

I should contact paypal really but it's not a priority at the minute, got so many things I need to do.

I too used to do grappling, it was one of the only sports I ever liked.
It's interesting that a few of us here did martial arts, as I have this theory that those who don't like football end up doing martial arts or something creative like music. I have tried a few times but just can't get the football bug.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

I used to be a pretty good wrestler back in the day. Until I discovered skateboarding.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I came 4th in the UK nationals for Judo back when I was younger. Also played football as well though, so not sure that theory stands up. However I have no interest to play football ever again, but martial arts I would like to get back into.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

Phase Ghost wrote:I used to be a pretty good wrestler back in the day. Until I discovered skateboarding.
I was very much a skateboarder too -surprised flower , until i started uni that is, then i had no more time, and spent it behind the computer. Which led to making music...
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
Gill
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Gill »

I was a skater too! But then, since I grew up by the ocean, I started surfing everyday. That is much more fun!

I live here in the US, but I might part with my monomachine mk1 for 900US + shipping if you are interested ;)
TechnoMusic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TechnoMusic »

Phase Ghost wrote:I used to be a pretty good wrestler back in the day. Until I discovered skateboarding.
Yep the BJJ and Submission Wrestling side of MMA was my favorite bit, much more preferable to being punched in the face all the time :)
Visit my http://technomusicnews.com/ News & Minimal Techno Blog
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Never mind the chit chat, where's my Monomachine?????????????

;)