nakoradiomies wrote:

some dep-5 reverbs on this one
nice track !
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Good Dubby Reverbs????

Post by ::BLM:: »

Morphology have been putting out some well solid stuff.

Going to try that reverb later on.
Gill
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Gill »

I see what you're saying....I do agree that Markus' vibe is a result of the product as a whole. I was just curious about trying out a different reverb in my DAW. I think I have a good dubby reverb sound going, I know Ben you've heard this: http://soundcloud.com/patrickgil/nervesep....but its always nice to know what is out there at what price range. Since I started this thread, I started using PSP's easy verb a bit, as well as getting deeper with Ratshack, and I've been quite pleased. The PSP one has a wide range of options and it sounds nice....I haven't been using Ableton's that much, unless its in a much larger processing chain. Just my opinion.

bkm1978 wrote:I have to agree with earlier sentiments on Suckats reverb: It doesnt sound to me like he has unearthed some super special secret reverb plug in etc. It all sounds pretty bog standard. I know you arent looking to emulate that sound exactly, but that verb obviously has you excited, which is great.
I think however you are missing the big picture. With the right pre-delay setting (this is important in his reverb for rhythmical purpose) and size/length and EQ, it sounds great in context with the rest of the track and where it drops (the impact), these are the things selling you on this reverb.
Really, its not just the reverb, its the tension in the track, the darkness, the brooding build, all compounded by the life injected into the music by the reverb 'explosion'.
My point is, dont get too obsessed with finding a 'particular' plug in, good cohesive sounds will compliment eachother in a way that makes them sound far better as a whole then if they were played by themselves.

I know because I obsessed over this same thing many moons ago! on this track:

http://soundcloud.com/syneman/c-theorie ... -rmx-cr-10

....whilst the verb is nice etc etc, its really the context of its use that gives it magic :)
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

damn... that dep-5 on the morphology sounds saaaack! i'm in deep space.

------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

sounds nice indeed (the reverb)
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

michaellpenman wrote:
nakoradiomies wrote:Image

not an vst but, you can get these quite cheap from second hand market, paid mine something like 80euros
it can do super mega long reverbs, something like one minute long..and there is also wild digital chorus

if you are not affaird hardware units, i really recomend to check these out!
this looks tops also you can sometimes find a roland space echo for like 300 which is amazing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROLAND-RE-201 ... 500wt_1309
roland space echo is good for dub production, but the actual Reverb in this isn't very customisable, you can actually only change "level" parameter. in looking for a good reverb unit this isn't the best choice, if you want control.
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

yeah the space echo´s reverb is spring reverb so totally different thing..

altho, i like much the sound of mechanical reverbs, like plate and the spring are.. sound of those things are something what you just can´t get with digital or vst.
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »