Juan Atkins

anti---
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Juan Atkins

Post by anti--- »

in my opinion this guy produced some of the best machine soul music around, i think his material under his Infiniti alias should be of particular interest to ppl in this forum, whaddaya think?
this is a block of text.
Lex_Osk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lex_Osk »

pfffff...there is nothing much to say about Juan... he's the living legend,one of the fathers of techno,but id rather say electro. the motor city mentality lives in his music, its dark,raw and hard,just like detroit. except being a motor city,detroit has a lot of music legends who influenced on all detroit dj's and producers. some like it hard and dark and some like playing it soulful. the sound of detroit is unique and its being accepted all around the globe, thanks to one of the founders of modern electronic music and his huge contribute in production. thanks Juan.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

And BOY WHAT A DJ?! :roll:

Have any of you ever been privy to a "mix set" by this here "legend?" I'm not trying to diminish his production but if he was at my house I wouldn't let him near the turntables.. :lol:
Lex_Osk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lex_Osk »

v404 wrote:And BOY WHAT A DJ?! :roll:

Have any of you ever been privy to a "mix set" by this here "legend?" I'm not trying to diminish his production but if he was at my house I wouldn't let him near the turntables.. :lol:
i have to say i have quite a load of his mixes...he's good,nothing special but he's well known for his production,not mixing. btw i saw his live act in detroit and it was hell of a performance. maybe this sounds funny but its kinda true: ANYBODY CAN BE A DJ. in one way or another.
'gameover'
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 'gameover' »

Lex_Osk wrote: maybe this sounds funny but its kinda true: ANYBODY CAN BE A DJ. in one way or another.
i don't think so.
Lex_Osk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lex_Osk »

i do think so. everybody can learn how to spin,but being original is what counts.

8)
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

He's good?! OK, well maybe I've only heard all of his most embarrassing moments but I'd be willing to say he's TERRIBLE! At least when it comes to mixing. Seriously, every mix is a TRAINWRECK.. Not only that, he rides them out like he's not trainwrecking.. Again, I stress that I'm not commenting on his production skills but he is easily one of THE WORST DJ'S I'VE EVER HEARD EVER EVER EVVVAR!
anti---
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by anti--- »

maybe his mixing is not that good, but when it comes to choice of tracks he's terrific, just check the track list on Mastermix on kickin', from early techno/electro to deep house and minimal and even some harder thumpin'.
this is a block of text.