Is being a DJ that easy WTF???

- ask away
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Is being a DJ that easy WTF???

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Sounds like another beatport top ten whore to me :lol:

If this music were to used as part of a movie sound track it would only be fitting for a scene in which a person suffers a descent into a debilitating madness for which they are confined to a padded room, put in a straight jacket and left to drool and defecate on themselves all while trying to krump.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Sorry but I'm with cloutier on this one. DJing with training wheels does not make it easy.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

zarbeat wrote: I spend tons of money in now outdated vinyl

uhh...what?

if your vinyl is "outdated," that means it was never good to begin with. i still play tracks from 1992 - 1995 that sound like they came out yesterday.

two strikes for you...
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
ubergray
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ubergray »

I think there are no rules or special techniques of mixin music. It's about understanding the rhythm, and a good ear for music . Once u have that, u start to explore and experiment different methods .. If u don't have the good taste as its mentioned in earlier posts .. or a good year to understand the rythm and the atmospheres. It is impossible to become one .. at least a good DJ
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

:)

sorry removed post due to original post being removed, no point in commenting out of context.
Last edited by steevio on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
zarbeat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zarbeat »

Is so weird being in here sometimes the fact that some people are "MAXI" does not make any one right just like any forum people should be respectful and be aware of what art is !!! is mainly subjective!!!! that is all if some people get upset for what ever reason or simply dislike other peoples way of see one simple topic, it doesn't give you the right to pretend you are the cool guy by making the other party look ridiculous that is simply very ignorant and close minded, all I can say is Relax everyone this should be fun no one lives depends on this post is simply a tiny spec of a statement in the wide world of music so I ask you once again Relax and enjoy life don't get grumpy or offended/offensive if you are doing any of the three just mentioned you dependency on this type of aggression is waaay to high and should be locked away in a cyber cell!!! I dont want to feel like im wasting my time in here but comments like the ones above some times make me feel like I do :(
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

zarbeat wrote:Is so weird being in here sometimes the fact that some people are "MAXI" does not make any one right just like any forum people should be respectful and be aware of what art is !!! is mainly subjective!!!! that is all if some people get upset for what ever reason or simply dislike other peoples way of see one simple topic, it doesn't give you the right to pretend you are the cool guy by making the other party look ridiculous that is simply very ignorant and close minded, all I can say is Relax everyone this should be fun no one lives depends on this post is simply a tiny spec of a statement in the wide world of music so I ask you once again Relax and enjoy life don't get grumpy or offended/offensive if you are doing any of the three just mentioned you dependency on this type of aggression is waaay to high and should be locked away in a cyber cell!!! I dont want to feel like im wasting my time in here but comments like the ones above some times make me feel like I do :(
Zarbeat i love you but you are being extremely pretentious and ignorant with a topic like "Is being a DJ that easy WTF???" Almost everyone here has worked hard to achieve the level of skill where we are at. for you to come through and barf a 2 page essay about your tracktor experience is not only an old and tired topic but to claim it being easy and how awesome you rocked the party is totally ignorant of the skill level and knowledge of people that post to this board. I would expect nothing less but extreme criticism of the remarks you made towards the craft that many of us work tirelessly to perfect.

On top of that branding your sweet little essay with your residentadvisor.com address is a weak play.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
zarbeat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zarbeat »

third strike and im out!!! peace and happy djing :lol: