elektron machinedrum + ableton sync

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

elektron machinedrum + ableton sync

Post by hydrogen »

since i re-set up my studio i am having sync issues with live and machinedrum. such dumb timings... so i don't know what i haven't tried yet... :/

This product seems really interesting to me and the demo looks amazing... but the price is almost as much as the machinedrum itself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSRoE24enjg
http://www.innerclocksystems.com/
gosh
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gosh »

can't view youtube at works o not sure which innerclock product that is but I have a sync-lock and it rules.

It takes a short while to get working properly (correct levels/routing etc) but once done save as a template and then away you go. If you have DAW and you have external gear that has it’s own sequencer and you want to integrate the two it’s probably the best piece of kit you can buy. Seriously.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

what interface are you using to send the MIDI clock messages? I found this is more often than not the culprit in bad MD timing with Live.
I recently switched to using my Bitstream3x as a MIDI hub instead of my soundcard, and the timing is now much less sloppy if not at all. Using Maschine's MIDI out also gave me very satisfactory results.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

if you can, put the md master and ableton on external mode, usually the midi clock is more accurate on hardware things than on software stuff.

don´t ask why i´m no nerd.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Opuswerk wrote:what interface are you using to send the MIDI clock messages? I found this is more often than not the culprit in bad MD timing with Live.
I recently switched to using my Bitstream3x as a MIDI hub instead of my soundcard, and the timing is now much less sloppy if not at all. Using Maschine's MIDI out also gave me very satisfactory results.
I'm using the Elektron midi interface... great suggestions though will try the other interfaces i have. thanks!

@nakrodamies I'd rather not have the DAW slave to anything, last time i tried this i ended up with warp markers and time stretching all over my recordings. Maybe this doesn't happen for you?

@gosh sick... yeah it looks like are shipping sync-lock 2 this summer... this was that video... Are you able to sync multiple drum machines? using midi out-> midi-thru? how much was your sync-lock1?
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

oh yeah i forgot warping..usually i never use it so that´s why i haven´t noticed that problem.

or then the md has shitty midi clock too. i had one cool cheap drummer back in the days, it was yamaha ry-30..i really liked the features on it but it had very bad clock so i sold it away.
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

have you the las OS version installed on the MD?
this solved my problems...
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

4am wrote:have you the las OS version installed on the MD?
this solved my problems...
I reckon this must have helped too, but i changed interface and studio setup at the same moment i updated, so i can't say for sure what helped the most.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk