Darren Allen

Lex_Osk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Darren Allen

Post by Lex_Osk »

Allow me to introduce Darren Allen,a local DJ from Belfast. Grabbed some sets from his friend and I have to say that Troy Pierce and Magda should be very afraid 'cos Darren has a LOT of talent. Here's some info about Darren i found on the net:

---_Darren has been dj'ing since 2000 and at the age of 21 has gained a reputation for being one of the finest dj's in the country. Darren's sets have evolved and come a long way from deep house through electro to currently finding his own original, mature approach to minimal house and techno with influences ranging from the likes of Ricardo Villalobos, Magda, Plastikman,Dimbiman, Robag Wruhme, Marc Houle, Jay Haze etc. Darren has played most top underground club nights in Ireland including Electrotoxic, Electric City (Dublin), Deep Fried Funk, Inertia, Perpetual, In Vitro, and more. The last year has seen him playing regularly at Shine in Belfast, and appearing on the same line-ups as Anthony Rother, Tim Wright, Magda, Pascal FEOS, Adam Beyer, Dave Clarke and Craig Richards. Now currently working on his own productions and with his original and forward thinking approach to electronic music, Darren has an exciting future ahead and a big part to play in the scene.---_

---_On to some other DJs now, I must give local DJ Darren Allen a mention as he entered Belfasts Super club, Shines (www.shine.net) DJ competition and made it to the final 2 before being beaten to the coveted honor of a Shine residency for a year. It was Gareth Hogan who was the lucky winner, but everyone agreed on how good our Darren played throughout the competition. Darren's first ever gig was at Inertia and since then he has played at Lush (www.kellysportrush.com) & Shine which are two of Irelands most famous and successful club nights with the likes of Sasha, John Digweed and Steve Lawler regularly making appearances. Darren Allen is definitely one to watch for the future.---_

---_Darren has been dj'ing since 2000. He is From Northern Ireland and at the age of 21 has gained a reputation for being one of the finest dj's in the country.
Darrens music has evolved and come a long way from deep house through electro to currently finding his own original, mature approach to minimal/glitch/micro house and techno, with influences ranging from the likes of
Robag Wruhme, Marc Houle, Jay Haze, Bruno Pronsato, Ultrakurt, Heartthrob, Plastikman etc...
Contexterrior, Minus, Orac, Clever Music are just a few of his current favourite labels. His sets were once described by someone as sounding like "12 Eastern European Robots playing pass the parcel with an electronic clicking device and dropping it every so often".....That tells you everything you need to know!
The last year he has played reguarly at all the top underground nights in the country including Belfast,
Derry and Dublin. Amongst those, Shine in Belfast,
a club which has consistently been at the forefront of underground music in the country and most recently played at their ninth birthday party, one of the biggest dates on the clubbing calendar. In the last 12 months Darren has appeared on the same line-ups as Magda, Craig Richards, Michael Mayer, Pascal FEOS, Anthony Rother, Tim Wright, Adam Beyer,
Dave Clarke and more.. With some gigs abroad in the pipeline and currently working on his own productions, Darren has an exciting future ahead and a big part
to play in the underground electronic music scene.---_

Here are some links with his mixes:
http://www.electrotoxic.com/
http://www.micro.com.es/mixes/body_mixes13.htm
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Hey, thanks Lex, must admit it was surprise to see my name on here :wink:
Lex_Osk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lex_Osk »

no problem,i was just giving a shout for ya ;) a friend of mine is going to give me a new mix of yours,his name is Ciaran,prolly you know him :)
btw. your mixes are great,keep up the good work ;)
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Lex_Osk wrote:no problem,i was just giving a shout for ya ;) a friend of mine is going to give me a new mix of yours,his name is Ciaran,prolly you know him :)
btw. your mixes are great,keep up the good work ;)
That's not Ciaran Walsh by any chance?
Lex_Osk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lex_Osk »

correct me if im wrong but i think he is Ciaran O'Neill...should be,because he is Irish and his second name is Irish too :roll:
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

...Ciaran Coyle :wink:
Lex_Osk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lex_Osk »

hehe,my mistake :oops:

if only he was online more often,i would get more of your stuff :evil:
bazz001
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bazz001 »

just spotted this thread, Darren is the man. Probobly the most consistant minimal DJ on the planet.

Have a big collection of his mixes and everyone is inspiring and always full of unknown tracks (still waiting on a tracklisting for the last one tho :D ). Played a blinding set warming up for Magda and again for marco corolla when they were in shine -

check out micro 13 - http://www.micro.com.es/mixes/body_mixes13.htm

few more mixes on the electrotoxic site - http://www.electrotoxic.com/mixes.htm

(I recommend the 3 hour/ 3 part set recorded at deep fried funk)