- music
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: plaster - kwisatz haderach

Post by plaster »

pheek wrote:
plaster wrote:kwisatz haderach

pheek mentioned it lacks "the hook"... what do you guys/girls think?
I'm not the truth but if you ask me for feedback, you don't need to come on the forum to make sure I was right or wrong. When someone gives you feedback you can either work on it or ignore it. As for you hook, I believe you can play the subtle card of minimal percussion which can always work the way through. But if you a strong hook, it might make a track that will be ageless.

Why not just f*ck around with your hook to make it evolve a bit? You can also play with dynamics (pan, velocity, envelope, ofset, etc). That could be a nice add.

Your track is not weak or bad as I told you, it just could be "more."

i know what ur saying, thats why i'm working on it from that day i sent it to ya. it's kind of getting on my tits because i'm constantly changinng the arrangement, but keeping it subtle at some point. um,i think u'll like this version better since it has a transpozed bassline and a few extra sounds. um, i thought not to make the trak evolving, but plain minimal as the flow goes. just exporing how further can the arrangement go with a few sounds untill it doesn't break into something boring. i'm taking all of the comments in the biggest possible use... we'll see what comes out.

thnx dood!
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Don't give too much credit to what people say, do what you think sounds good. There's a balance on where to stop taking people's comment and assuming what you have in mind. What might sound horrible to your friends could be in demand somewhere.

Also, whenever I work too much on a track, I let it sleep for a few months. very helpful.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

pheek wrote:Don't give too much credit to what people say, do what you think sounds good. There's a balance on where to stop taking people's comment and assuming what you have in mind. What might sound horrible to your friends could be in demand somewhere.

Also, whenever I work too much on a track, I let it sleep for a few months. very helpful.

yeah, i completely understand what you mean, but i like to hear comments and kind of find the best balance between them and my ideas. and, this one is actually "done", but i'm experimenting with arrangement. here and there, blipz and blopz :)
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

strial wrote:Ahhhaaa that's right !

Also you have tons of idears that come in your brain you want to concretize all these idears but at the final most of time the day is off and there is nothing achieved ...

Minimal music in the minimal of time. lol

oh man, i remember when i didn't have a computer and i would dream every day of making tracks. i had like tons of stuff on my mind just waiting to eXplode. but yeah, i know how it feels when u can't express that quick...either ur tired from work, either ur with your girl or i dunno something else. but, one of the best ideas and most creativity comes in short periods of time. i think scientists did an research on the envelope creativitx takes and it turned out that the peak of creativity lasts for about 3 hours tops. everything else is just a bargain.
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

Nice sounds, I tend to agree with pheek on the aspect that after it's stopped playing theres nothing in here that will stay with you. As "Pop Music" as the idea of a hook is, it's a big part of any memorable track.

See this sounds good, and with whats there I wouldn't change much, maybe a few effect features here and there, but it's good. But not what it could be.

Bassline sounded a little similar to orange mistake also.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

kenada wrote:
Bassline sounded a little similar to orange mistake also.

to what?
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

close...but it's not the same.