Managing CPU

- ask away
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jesse_mtl »

yea i like to have everything separate. definitely wouldnt put my kick and bass together. as i like to tweak alot...

thats besides the point. u know, if u saved ur 15 tracks into cubase, like rewired, it should work.. i tried last nite rendering each track in live separate, and throwing them into cubase. and the cpu didnt even use 5%... am i missing something? and it takes forever to freeze everything in live. might as well save the trouble and record and arrange in cubase?
d-rokc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by d-rokc »

plaster, it aint a matter of coolness, its a matter of CPU load. besides, 'two midi tracks' doesnt mean anything, because one midi track could give signal for 10 audio tracks. midi doesnt count, only audio.

jesse, im talking about final mixdown here. i understand u like to tweak, but hey, do you continue tweaking even during the time you bounce?
rock beyond believe
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jesse_mtl »

ok man but heres the problem. i wanna tweak before the mixdown, but if i cnt play 15 audio tracks at the same time to make relative comparisons.... theres a problem somewhere. do u get me
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

d-rokc wrote:plaster, it aint a matter of coolness, its a matter of CPU load. besides, 'two midi tracks' doesnt mean anything, because one midi track could give signal for 10 audio tracks. midi doesnt count, only audio.

quite aware of that mister smartypants! :P

just found out what was the reason for cpu overload in my case... i managed to do some kind of complex warp setup for one sample which would flip the proc. tried to export it as aiff with the same setup for warp markers and it works fine.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
d-rokc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by d-rokc »

Jesse i know what you mean, and you're not the only one having that problem. thats the main reason i started another thread ('around which main sounds do you build the mix'), having in mind that there are certain relations between certain parts in a track, that generally remain a constant. unfortunately so far noone seems to give answer to that question, except for a 'dont start with the kick' type, which basically means nothing :mrgreen:
rock beyond believe
Texture
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Texture »

confusing, what's up with having 15 audio tracks? if you need them then you need them

i tend to mix as i go more so than one big mixdown at the end, i find it helps me get stuff done quicker. I dont use Live though i use mainly Cubase or FL Studio and never have any problems with my computer, which is around 2.4ghz, 1 gig ram etc etc pretty standard but i just clean it regular and keep things to a minimum, but i use high end processing all the time including WAVE's, Nomad Blue Tube effects, PSP, Lexicon and alot of VST's including Korgs, Novation etc, i bounce down alot but usually prefer the synths straight out of there box as it were

can only recommend the usual's really, close down any programs you dont need when producing, or get a program like Super Utilities that has added system tools and can optimise your RAM use, clean up the registry and cache etc etc
Klickhaus record 01 - Texture "Registry Check ep" - Original, remixes from Tim Xavier and Camea - Out now at http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/212 ... ht=texture

also at Beatport and other good record stores
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jesse_mtl »

cool thanx for the info...

my question tho stems from wanting the highest possible quality at all times, i have a feeling somehow ( not sure im 100% ) but submixing kinda gives u a final product that has lost quality, than its original separate audio tracks. Feel free to correct me anyone.

so thats why i wanna have as many tracks separate as possible, every little detail by itself on its own track.. next question would be.. is there a work around to insane rendering times when making a mixdown, or dumping tracks?