Mowar008 Franco Cangelli - Frantic ep

- wax
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Mowar008 Franco Cangelli - Frantic ep

Post by dsat »

Mowar is at it's 8th release...

With releases on 7th Sign, Persistencebit and Self Defence to his credit, Belgian DJ/producer Franco Cangelli returns to his own Mowar label for this killer four-track EP. Inspired by classic techno and contemporary machinations in equal measure, Cangelli’s palette is varied but sophisticated. ‘Pressure’ kick starts the EP in dubby mode, but the fat beats and spooky riffs are soon joined by a warm, sublime chord sequence. ‘Frantic’, as the title suggests, picks up the pace, with a slamming, slightly off-rhythm underpinning wired analogue bleeps. Thanks to Cangelli’s smooth production touch, it manages to sound both timeless and modern. On the other hand, ‘Fringe’ and ‘Deviate’ make no secret about their influences. The latter deploys raw, crunchy beats and a shuffling groove as the basis for a sensuous chord sequence, while ‘Fringe’ is even more reverent. Gently filtered bleeps and tones cascade over tight claps and an insistent, jerky rhythm that recalls Stasis and Derrick May. Don’t miss out on this future-retro gem!

listen here:
http://soundcloud.com/mowar/mow008-fran ... frantic-ep

Deetron (Music Man):
Really like Fringe a lot, will test it tonight.

Falko Brocksieper (Substatic):
four times great moody sequential techno with an oldschool twist! full support from me.

Santiago Salazar (Historia y Violencia) : “Dope EP, filled with DJ delights! Will keep my eye out for the vinyl. Thanks!”

Steve Rachmad (Music Man) :
“Fringe and Pressure got my interest. Wanna try those out.”

DJ 3000 (Motech)
“Deviate is the one for me! It’s the simplest of the entire EP, but to me it just has that dirty simple funk...but what do I know?!”

Cio D’Or (Prologue)
“A very interesting collage between dub, breaks and minimalistic techno sounds with the touch of new experiments. Brave and still working with interesting grooves for the dance floor!”

Marcel Heese (Tresor)
“Very nice dubby and Detroity tracks from Franco. I like 'Pressure' and 'Fringe' especially. Will play of course!”

Perc (Perc Trax)
“Thanks for this. Nice, analogue sounding tech-house and techno. 'Fringe' jumps out at me, but all will get used in my warm-up sets.”

Angel Molina
Thanks for sending this, as always, mr. Franco has my support, love this timeless old school techno tracks. 'Frantic' and 'Pressure' my fave ones.”

Lerosa (Uzuri)
“I like Pressure best, I would definitely play this in some dark after hours warehouse set, it's a nice moody groover.”

Eric Cloutier (Bunker NY)
“This is another bad-ass release! Really liking this one. It has this low-slung, dubby version of DBX vibe to it that I’m enjoying.”

Elliott Dodge (Snapshot)
“As always, good stuff from Franco, nice clean and deep grooving dance-floor friendly gear, will be playing ‘Pressure’ out this Saturday in Athens.”

Alex Downey (Covert)
“Thanks, always dig Franco’s stuff will check.”

Lee Holman (Kawl, Snapshot)
“Really love ‘Pressure’ off this EP. I love the clanky rippling bassline effect and stabby synthy business over the top! A move away to a darker Franco Cangelli, but still feeling his sound! Great EP and will play!”

Forward Strategy Group (FSG)
“Thanks man. Very nice stuff, will be playing out ‘Frantic’ for sure.”

Dimi Angelis (Smallville)
“Fringe I will play. Maybe a few others, I have to try them out.”

Paul Mac (Stimulus)
“Liking Frantic the most, got that old school jack sound I'm always a sucker for.”

Confetti Bomb (Autoreply)
I liked Frantic & Fringe very much – mainly the franticness of frantic served with some seriously strong coffee. Love the oldskool / newskool vibe on Fringe

Rossella
“Fringe is my favourite, really grooving track, love it.”
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

it's on Juno, boomkat, clone, others will follow

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/415 ... ight=MOWAR
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

Deviate is a great track, simple, but very deep!!!
Fringe is also very nice, again very simple but effective!
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

Fringe!
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

pressure, forza franco!
thefunnel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thefunnel »

support
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

thanks!
glad y'all feelin it :-)
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Going for 'Frantic', something it that one just makes it stand out. Nice one, Franco... quality again. Vinyl ordered :)