mnml maxi

I need something clarified.....

Post by Torque »

I hear people make statements referring to Detroit type things like:

Detroit Drums
Detroit Synths
Detroit Chords
etc....

I'm just wondering what exactly you guys mean exactly.
Maybe it's a cultural thing or some kind of language gap.
Everybody around here uses different stuff, different methods and plays differently than one another. In fact it's looked down upon to sound anything like another artist from here if you're from here. What exactly are you guys listening to that would convince you that there's a "Detroit Chord" a "Detroit Synth" or a "Detroit Drum"? This stuff is all over the place. The only thing to me that seems to tie it all together is the subject matter. But maybe i'm trippin.......What's the deal?
Nordin
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Nordin »

When I hear "Detroit", I think stripped down, chord driven, analog sound. That's just me though...
Last edited by Nordin on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: I need something clarified.....

Post by coldfuture »

Torque wrote:I hear people make statements referring to Detroit type things like:

Detroit Drums
Detroit Synths
Detroit Chords
etc....

Everybody around here uses different stuff, different methods and plays differently than one another. In fact it's looked down upon to sound anything like another artist from here if you're from here. What exactly are you guys listening to that would convince you that there's a "Detroit Chord" a "Detroit Synth" or a "Detroit Drum"? This stuff is all over the place. The only thing to me that seems to tie it all together is the subject matter. But maybe i'm trippin.......What's the deal?
who cares?

Just press play on your master clock and record.
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Nordin wrote:When I hear "Detroit", I think stripped down, chord driven, analog sound. That's just me though...
I think that's a widely accepted thinking of the Detroit sound..
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

same goes for "Dub"

;)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

miro pajic wrote:same goes for "Dub"

;)
ImageImageImage
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: I need something clarified.....

Post by steevio »

Torque wrote:I hear people make statements referring to Detroit type things like:

Detroit Drums
Detroit Synths
Detroit Chords
etc....

ive never understood that one either, there's so much varied music out of detroit, the only connection is the quality and the soul.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

the people are talking about Yamaha synths in the Detroit synths thread. i thought Yamaha were Japanese...

when i think of Detroit i think raw and soulful music that grabs you by the balls.