a lil loop

- music
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

a lil loop

Post by plaster »

haven't posted anything in ages here...

well, this is a little loop kexie and me started, i'm eagar to hear your opinions and sudgestions cos i'm stranded.

http://storeandserve.com/download/59462 ... d.mp3.html
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

well theres a nice clean bottom end to it the high highs like up arouns 7-10khz could do with a boost, to make it bright and shiny, but other than that as far as production goes it sounds tight.

as for expanding the loop into a track...

thats most certainly not my forte.

ideas that spring to mind though include a massive deep wobbly bassline, maybe an lfo effected rhodes/detroit synth melody.

you've got a nice loop there, just throw around some ideas for a lead and bassline and you'll get the rest of the track nutted out.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

still thinking about that bassline...kinda drives me nuts because it needs to be a driving force.
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

not all tracks have to be driving and all that, I think this should go on in a sort of interlude'ish state. I think you could just add one extra deep sinus tone somewhere. if you after all want the track to be more driving you should try to put the bass backbeat on the first and 3 third measure maybe (you know the classic trick, doesn't neccesarly need to be a bass either, just some sound that appears with shorter interval)

but putting it backbeat on each measure would be a bit too... well, no - just don't do it. ;)

I like what I'm hearing anyway, looking forward to hear the rest.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

fredrikburok wrote:not all tracks have to be driving and all that, I think this should go on in a sort of interlude'ish state. I think you could just add one extra deep sinus tone somewhere. if you after all want the track to be more driving you should try to put the bass backbeat on the first and 3 third measure maybe (you know the classic trick, doesn't neccesarly need to be a bass either, just some sound that appears with shorter interval)

but putting it backbeat on each measure would be a bit too... well, no - just don't do it. ;)

i found that basslines work the best for me if they are placed on the first not on the third or any offset tricks. i did too much offset basses in the past, mainly because i listened to a lot of nu jazz a few years back.
still...building good basslines is my worst nightmare.

thnx for the constructive comments.
kexie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kexie »

plaster wrote: still...building good basslines is my worst nightmare.

c c c :wink:
snauzberries taste just like snauzberries
www.myspace.com/kexieq
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

plaster wrote:
fredrikburok wrote:not all tracks have to be driving and all that, I think this should go on in a sort of interlude'ish state. I think you could just add one extra deep sinus tone somewhere. if you after all want the track to be more driving you should try to put the bass backbeat on the first and 3 third measure maybe (you know the classic trick, doesn't neccesarly need to be a bass either, just some sound that appears with shorter interval)

i found that basslines work the best for me if they are placed on the first not on the third or any offset tricks. i did too much offset basses in the past, mainly because i listened to a lot of nu jazz a few years back.
still...building good basslines is my worst nightmare.

thnx for the constructive comments.
oh, no, I didn't mean what you call offset basses (like synchopated stuff in jazz?) - just simple backbeat stuff. sorry if my english is not correct, I'm usually using swedish terms for it =)

nice to hear that you were into nu jazz, I was playing in a fusion jazzband some 7-8 years ago (rhodes & synths) ... I was more into 70'ies stuff though (miles + bitches brew and early herbie hancock/headhunters etc) ... later on this interest collided a bit too much with my interest of totally electronic or electro-acustic music and I quit as I wanted to focus on that instead. I guess it didn't make much sense to them that I was into autechre, brian eno, terry riley, john cage and stuff like that.

not to go off-topic or so, but I find it quite interesting that some fusion jazz musicians thinks that experimental electronic music makes no sense - I mean, it was exactly the same thing with the fusion jazz when it was invented. like people claiming that it's just "random music".

the ideas behind it ain't that different in my opinion. oh funny world.
Size
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Size »

I like it Plaster! What gear did you use, I love the clean sound :!: