http://audio.phranq.com/Disorient.mp3

Any comments are kindly appreciated.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

sounds pretty good

i think you have alot of dark...metallic ..industrial sounds

i think for you it might do some of your song some good to contrast that with some more organic...free flowing sounds....

the contrast of the two would make it more interesting for sure
ghoti
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ghoti »

mlexicon wrote:some more organic...free flowing sounds....
Could you elaborate mlexicon? I have listened to some of your tracks and am really impressed (yes, I know I should do some reviews too...will soon), so your advice is meaningful too me :).

I know what you mean though -- I am not really satisfied with the overall sound of my recent tracks. I'm just getting back into writing tracks after about 4 years off. My pre-hiatus setup was centered around a 909 and Nord Modular with no computer. I am just getting my studio back up and running, so the tracks I posted so far are pure Laptop -- basically Ableton Live and drum samples from the NI Battery sample CD.

Cheers.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

theres nothing wrong with making al your stuff on your computer...
well i dont think so atleast

i think your stuff is too tight....or sharp?

try using a deeper kick, and maybe that will bring something different from you

like an 808 kick

:)

my favorite

wha i meant earlier, is that your song sounds too robotic...not enough feeling in it...

try and use warmer sounds....things that dont need to be so rough....and robotiic

im just saying whatever comes to mind, so if it doesnt make sense sorry...

try using a rhodes pitched down an octave...make a real simple melody

it might influence your percussion...and overall feeling....

ok thats all
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

listening..

sounds like something robots would dance to. And machines would make :P And my opinion is there's nothing wrong with sounding like this. I like the feel.
The vocal thing coming in about 2 mins should be a tad quieter imo and to 3 mins they should have some variation allready, they're pretty much the same pattern all the time i think. Everything else is about just fine, nothing to whine about. :)

good sounds, keep 'em up
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
PhunkaHolic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by PhunkaHolic »

w00w. some kind of mixture between hard techno & minimal..
I think this song is excellent stuff 4 the early hours on a party. Stompin' minimal...But the voices & vocals a little bit less volume!

i think it's a cool song. & the computer is a excellent resource to make housemusic..
My house is our House
Music Junkie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Music Junkie »

Just going from what everyone has said and you had a question on how to make things more organic.
I have a song with a similar problem actually most of my songs have a similar problem with being to robotic. for a more organic delay on some of your instruments try the echolive vst here --->http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml. Also I have texture which is a great free synth you can find at kvr and that has built-in effects that would compliment your sound and you can get some very organic leads and pads out of it.
sye
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sye »

Sounds good. I think the only real problem is the sharp irritating frequencies of the percussion, particulary the kick and the hats. Just needs a bit of eqing imo