magda's bass sound !

- ask away
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

i think u can create any sound you want with any synth if u work at it..and know how to add fx n sheeit

im not big on vst's

im sure some are great and whatever, but i tihnk alot of people use vst's as an excuse not to learn the equipment or programs they do have.

So you have 100000 vst's... WHo gives a sh!t...if you dont know how to use them.

Stop trying to collect everything that comes out, and go back to the basics and learn the fck out of that

:)
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sohrab »

ace wrote:when i listened the ep i spontaneously thought "hardware", because the basses sound so warm.
exactly what I thought(and still I can't believe you can reach such a warm and lively sound from just software plugins :!: )
ace
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ace »

mlexicon wrote:i think u can create any sound you want with any synth if u work at it..and know how to add fx n sheeit

im not big on vst's

im sure some are great and whatever, but i tihnk alot of people use vst's as an excuse not to learn the equipment or programs they do have.

So you have 100000 vst's... WHo gives a sht...if you dont know how to use them.

Stop trying to collect everything that comes out, and go back to the basics and learn the fck out of that

the parallel you construct i dont really understand. before making music one should always learn the basics about this, independently from the number of vsts one has installed.
i think that the "sound" of vst-synths can vary a lot. similar to hardware. so its not wrong to use different synths for different kinds of sounds.
if all synths would bring the same results at the end, there wouldnt be such a big market for them.
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sohrab »

ace wrote:
mlexicon wrote:i think u can create any sound you want with any synth if u work at it..and know how to add fx n sheeit

im not big on vst's

So you have 100000 vst's... WHo gives a sht...if you dont know how to use them.

the parallel you construct i dont really understand. before making music one should always learn the basics about this, independently from the number of vsts one has installed.
i think that the "sound" of vst-synths can vary a lot. similar to hardware. so its not wrong to use different synths for different kinds of sounds.
if all synths would bring the same results at the end, there wouldnt be such a big market for them.
both of you are right,but ace,I think mlexicon wanted to say that if someone dont know how to
drive a car,then he should not buy a Porche!
ofcourse VSTs have different sounds and abilities,thats why I asked about the Vst or synth
or whatever she might used
Aleksi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Aleksi »

is there any more way to learn how synth works generally, exept that trying around by yourself?
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

thats basically what i meant...i just think people are too quick to move onto the next thing, without exploring the fullest possibilities of whats in front of them

and to Aleksi...

if youre one of them nerdy types, i say go for it and youll find tons of tutorials about synths and how they can theoretically recreate any sound imagineable...and make you breakfast.

but its kinda like reading about sex then considering yourself an expert once you've read the thing cover to cover 10 times.

but the reality is....there aint nothing in there thats gonna prepare you for some nice "kitty"...once its in front of you

haha

what the fck am i talking about?

:lol:

:shock:
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

mlexicon wrote:
haha

what the fck am i talking about?

:lol:

:shock:

that girl is messing with ya! :D
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

Aleksi wrote:is there any more way to learn how synth works generally, exept that trying around by yourself?
yes, there is... it involves you to sit down and study modular synthesis, which is what the synth is all about.

http://www.soundonsound.com/search?url= ... Subject=12
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.