Kenada - 3rd Gear '05

- music
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Kenada - 3rd Gear '05

Post by kenada »

Hey All,

This is a track I worte back in 2002, I have always liked it a lot, and decided today to clean it up mix it down again, and add updated effect devices.

http://rapidshare.de/files/9617151/3rd_ ... 2.mp3.html

It's very true to the original version, and I still love it after all this time.

I guess I'd class it as Hypnotic Minimal Tech, but you decide for yourself.

As always all thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Scott
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

i hate jumping thru hoops, just to get a file....
try using megaupload or www.7161.com

the percussion is the standout here. I cant say im a fan of the constant loop drone behind the whole song, but maybe thats just preference. It sounds really good. Im sure alot of people will like it. Sorry Im not a technical person. Im more of a thumbs up or down kinda dude.
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

mlexicon wrote:i hate jumping thru hoops, just to get a file....
try using megaupload or www.7161.com
Come on mathias!
I think rapidshare with two clicks and a few seconds wait is a way much better than megaupload with 12 kb/s slow download! :P
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

hehe

im just pissed that i couldnt figure out to write something in that blank box
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Semirk »

Hey,

I like the idea of the intro but it just annoys me that it doesn't get going quickly enough for me. Thats purely a personal thing though not a production fault on your part.

Once it gets started, i like it a lot. Though the kick is a bit too thumping for my liking though on a dancefloor i'm sure it would be completely different for me. The percussion is class along with everything else around it. Definately feeling the hypnotic idea, this tracks as trippy as hell. :)

Nice work here mate.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

so are you like hawtin or something? this is right down his alley.

nice long intro..very de9ish. It develops very well. Im waiting for that loopy backdrop sound to come out driving, but it never does, the one around 1:04 and throughout. Id maybe do away with the clap and go with a reverberated snare..but thats me being picky. Im liking the shuffled up hihats @ 2:50 but heres where this could be a tricky mix for even an experienced dj. im also maybe desiring a mean saw synth in there sparingly. just a deep, simple reverberated saw synth sound. Great outro. This is some straight up dark, twisted 3 am hedf*ck minimal..maybe not something id play in my regular dj sets, but would definately go into an extended dj set (over an hour).
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

funny you mention Hawtin. This track was started at about 7am in the morning just after getting home from seeing Richie Hawtin play a mindblowing set in Sydney.

Listening to Musik by Plastikman made me want to write music. So I guess it would be safe to say that I have been and still am heavily influenced by his work.

I'd like to think that I have used his productions as a springboard or platform with which to work from, rather than just copying. But yeah this track is nuts, and even after years it still sounds cutting edge (to me anyways ;)

Thanks for the reviews everyone.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
alland
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alland »

I Love it!!!!