Launchpads..

- ask away
thelabproject
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Launchpads..

Post by thelabproject »

Tried a search on this but not much help..

Im looking to get a midi launchpad for ableton and as far as i can see on the net my only options are the novation launchpad for around £140...is there any others you guys know about?

Cheers
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

As far as I know, there's only one product called the Launchpad and it's the one by novation.
There are similar alternatives such as the APC 40, the APC 20, the monome and Livid's Ohm64.
I myself am also looking at getting such a controller, but don't know which one to go for yet. Maybe someone else could share their experience with any of those?
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
thelabproject
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thelabproject »

yeah, and none of them are that cheap either! lowest is around £ 140 in think...
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

...Livid are also making the Block
http://www.lividinstruments.com/hardware_block.php
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

having had a chance to mess with all the mentioned pieces of gear except the livid block, I bought and kept the launchpad...

...fucking amazing for live performance. When combined with max for live, its probably the ultimate live pa tool. The monome will probably go out of business because the launchpad does everything is does and more, for 300 dollars cheaper.

If you guys have some specific questions I'd be happy to answer them.
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

livecollective wrote:having had a chance to mess with all the mentioned pieces of gear except the livid block, I bought and kept the launchpad...

...fcking amazing for live performance. When combined with max for live, its probably the ultimate live pa tool. The monome will probably go out of business because the launchpad does everything is does and more, for 300 dollars cheaper.

If you guys have some specific questions I'd be happy to answer them.
I have it and love it!

+1
bleepbleep
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bleepbleep »

I have a launchpad and its awesome. I thought it was pretty cheap, $260 australian dollars (which is about 150 pounds)

Its great being able to do just about everything on it without looking at the laptop screen, eventually I want to be able to play my set with the laptop closed or something similar.

The only thing that annoys me is adjusting the volume of tracks with a row of 10 buttons is al ittle imprecise. Although was chatting to someone at a party and apparently there's a work around but haven't followed it up yet.
miles
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by miles »

i'm thinking of purchasing an apc20 or a launchpad. has any1 tested both of them and can tell me advantages and disadvantages?