briobox
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

psp eq's on sale

Post by briobox »

Thoughts on:

http://www.pspaudioware.com/indexen.htm ... quad.html;

on sale for $99

Thoughts? I'm really not experienced enough with eq's to know the good from the bad.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i spent a large amount of time trying to decide whther or not I should or could buy them.

the word on gearslutz from engineer kinda people is very positive and also some people on kvraudio talk positively about them.

I tried them for a bit and they sounded really nice (though I'm not an expert on the matter myself)

Sometimes I like having eqs like that, where they have lots of stuff fixed already, rather than a fully parametric eq with loads of bands and q's and too much information.

So yeah, I think they're really good eqs. (though the difference between good and bad software eqs is a whole discussion in itself).

I didnt get them myself but only cos I have quite a lot of eqs already and i'd rather get bettter results from the tools I have than find new ones.
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: psp eq's on sale

Post by Ronny Pries »

briobox wrote: Thoughts? I'm really not experienced enough with eq's to know the good from the bad.
If you find an EQ that actually does what you want it to do without taking odd ways you're dealing with a good EQ. Always try the demo!!!!
Always think twice.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

oblioblioblio wrote: Sometimes I like having eqs like that, where they have lots of stuff fixed already, rather than a fully parametric eq with loads of bands and q's and too much information.
i need parametric EQ. why would anyone use a fixed EQ? is it for the DJ?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

tone-def wrote:
i need parametric EQ. why would anyone use a fixed EQ? is it for the DJ?
a lot of old desks just have bands with fixed q's at certain points, like the neve 1073, where you can switch between several frquencies for each point, like 110hz, 550 and 700 (those are just guesses).

I kinda like that design sometimes.. it seems really 'unmusical' and just related to the physics of the sound, like the feel of the texture rather than melody (I can't explain what I mean very well tho).
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

oblioblioblio wrote: I kinda like that design sometimes.. it seems really 'unmusical' and just related to the physics of the sound
thats why i don't like it.

seems a bit obsolete.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i mean unmusical as good thing for that particular situation. (ha ha)

I think it's a really useable design.

But yeah, sometimes you need a fully parametric eq.
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

I'm with oblioblioblio on this one. I really like these kind of EQ's but I'm not sure why. Someonelikeyou.